X I respectfully Disagree wth Rafa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X I respectfully Disagree wth Rafa

As a football fan I must say i have watch Fergie's TACTICS AND i AM QUITE IMPRESSED. tACTICALLY HE HAS NO EQUAL NOT eveN MY COACH wENGER.

Benitez: Fergie success down to moneyOctober 13, 2011
    Email PrintBy ESPNsoccernet staff
    Former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has played down Sir Alex Ferguson's role in the success of Manchester United, insisting that money has been the decisive factor in the club's triumphs and not the Scot's management skills.

PA Photos
    Rafa Benitez finished behind Ferguson's Man Utd in all of his six seasons at Liverpool
    • Preview: Liverpool v Man Utd
    • Brewin: Liverpool chase TV redemption
    • Hernandez pens new deal - agent
    • United keen on Krasic - agent

Benitez and Ferguson were Premier League rivals for six seasons, with the pair's relationship in that time somewhat tempestuous.

And ahead of this weekend's clash between United and Liverpool, Benitez has opened up old wounds by questioning Ferguson's influence on the Red Devils' success in an interview with BBC Radio Merseyside.

After it was put to him that Ferguson's personality has been critical in driving United forward, Benitez responded: "No, I think it's the money they were spending. If you analyse the transfer record and the history ... Rooney, or Ferdinand, for example ... £30 million for a young player or a centre back.

"Every year they [United] are very well-off. It's not just because of the interviews or the press conferences; it's because they had money."

Benitez and Ferguson's troubled relationship came to a head during the 2008-09 season, when Liverpool ran United close before the Red Devils pipped them to the Premier League title.

During that campaign, Benitez delivered a pre-prepared critique of his opposite number, listing a series of "facts" that suggested Ferguson influenced both the Premier Leage fixture list and choice of match officials.

But Benitez has once again dismissed the notion that the infamous "facts" press conference was responsible for Liverpool's failure to beat United in the title race.

"To be fair, I didn't like it when the press was talking about mind games because I was just focused on my team, and the things I had to do for the team," Benitez said.

"If you say something in a press conference I can guarantee you that it has no impact on another manager. It can happen perhaps one in one hundred times, but the press likes to talk about mind games, but what they don't realize is that you cannot win mind games if you have a bad team.

"You can be the best in the press conference, but after, if you have a bad team you will lose. It's easy to talk about mind games when he [Ferguson] has a good team and he has won, and that was the case."
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

LOL! Italians said Inter dominated because of money. What happened to Rafa in Italy?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

nO COME ON LAZIE

Money does play a part but on a number of occasions Fergie's tactical moves have been nothing short of brilliant. Plus he seem to command respect and the most effort from his players. HOWEVER, Rafa is also one of the better coaches i have seen in my time watching soccer.
      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

rafa too fixated on/with fergie......him tek him eye offa di prize....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Like Arse on Mourinho?...oooh please Fergie lashed out and drew for xenophobia in the media to create fervored bias against Rafa/Pool that year.

He saw the threat and dealt with it as only fergie could, only financial backing seperated the two.Thats the truth or as Lazie love fi say di facts.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

If money had so much influence Chelsea would not have lost a single game since the Russian took over and Manchester City would have run away with the title last year... wheel and come again
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

It is not necessarily having money to buy, it is also having the smarts to know who to buy...man City went with a dumper truck to buy players last off season and still talking bout how they need more players
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

X, I think you try to make Fergie seem too much like the devil. However, I will agree that Fergie is best at making sure that much of the game is won or that pschological advantage is gained before anyone steps on the field.

Fergie ensures that he has control of his team; better control than other managers. Seaga probably wishes he could be like Fergie because Fergie is truly the "One Don."

Fergie puts the pre-match psychological load on his own shoulders completely and does a great job of verbal sparring and distracting of the opposing manager and opposing team.

Above all, Fergie has his team believing that they are best from the starting whistle to the end. He has them attack from the very beginning and has them believing that they are never out of a match, even with mere seconds remaining.

Finally, Fergie is the best at getting the whole team to be way ahead of the sum of its parts.
                "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

that is your little secret there brother ... we won't tell anyone.

mourinho and arse have bested him in the epl .... so they are slightly different from rafa .... wenger with less money too ... sooo ... what are you saying again?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Westman Fegie is the devil .

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You are a miserable man and you will be miserable for a long time to come. Do not make the resentment of greatness overcome you. LOL.

You need to come up with Karl next week Saturday evening to watch McKauly Tulloch play.

Comment

Come Saturday I will be the happiest man in the world , will you be ? I think not.

Comment

Are you really comparing your prediction record with mine? Really?

Anyway, i was speaking of the following Saturday at 7PM on the campus of the University of Central Florida.

Comment

Working...
                          X