Just keep it real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just keep it real

Asking Jamaica to go to Honduras and easily beat them is like asking Tottenham to go to Old Trafford and easily win. We are all fans and want to see Jamaica do well but we have to keep it real and be honest with ourselves. For me realistically speaking I expect Jamaica to be in the final zone of qualification and at least end up fourth.

If the question come up about what have I seen last night that let me feel like we are going to reach that goal...ask yourself this question do we really expect Honduras to lay down on the field and let us run over them. I am happy that we didn't get run off the field and at least had some form of shape and direction on the field which is all we can ask for. The man them need to stop act like we are even in Mexico and US league and just accept us for where we are
    Last edited by Karl; October 14, 2011, 07:03 PM.

Since we keeping it real...you don't expect us to be able to hold the ball and make at least two passes without losing the ball? Demar phillips lost four balls in a row at one point...

Comment

I don't expect that at all...because the quality is not there on the field right now. All I see when Jamaica is playing is a bag of fast man that if the ball bounce the right way for them then they can do something with it...but in terms of technical ability they don't have it plain and simple...and Whitmore will not be able to coach that. Take US for example I guarantee if Bradley was still coaching they would not have lost the recent games because he don't ask them to play out of their character. Is my opinion still...but if you have a bag of fast man on your side that can't control and bounce ball simple logic dictates to play to your strenths

Comment

di analysis soun fair yes, fi seh Tappa should go a peer ignorance plain an trait. Wi perform creditable inna di Gol Cup now, is one ting wi can draw from dat wid extended preparation wi di playahs wi can compete dere is no argument deresuh.

Comment

If I should take what you say as true Culture, why do we play these games...wi just a eat a food? These games are played overseas anyway so it's pointless even watching right...Since we gonna loose regardless, why watch?

Comment

Plush is yesterday me and my bredrin had a long conversation about it...from my view the biggest limitation on the program right now is the lack of home games...yes they play away partly to eat a food so that money can turn over for proper use...if that game was played in Jamaica the outcome would have been different just because of the location. When the qualifiers start any man that seriously expect Jamaica to win in the US, Mexico, Honduras or Costa Rica don't have any sense...take care of business at your yard...play smart and capitalize on chances away from home and you will always qualify for the World Cup...that is what Jamaica did in 98...can't fail

Comment

That me say too myYout....I don't know how Tappa going do it...but based off the Gold Cup the man know what he is doing when it counts to at least end up fourth

Comment

Das right, di maths simple jus like suh. 3 points at home an steal sumpn pan di road when it show it face. Wi haffi guh through dis transition ah pain, bettah now dan when qualification come. Wi haffi si who ready an who not. 3 english dis time an some more next time fi si how di ting ah guh shape up when di right time come.

Comment

me just hope say them nuh dash way Toppa...because it wouldn't make no sense at all...like you say is just transition but them show that they can turn it on when it counts

Comment

Ah wouldah idiot ting, dis is di man longest streak ah losses since him tun coach an now dem start bawl fi di man head. Mi believe di man ah di right one fi di job done it well so far.

Comment

Me feel so too...him just need more home games to build a vibe

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
                        When the qualifiers start any man that seriously expect Jamaica to win in the US, Mexico, Honduras or Costa Rica don't have any sense...take care of business at your yard...play smart and capitalize on chances away from home and you will always qualify for the World Cup...that is what Jamaica did in 98...can't fail
                        If only it was so easy. You cannot expect JA to qualify or advance by simply winning home games. You have to get something on the road.

Last campaign, Honduras (3rd place finisher in Concacaf) won games on the road to qualify for South Africa. Nobody expects this team to win at Mexx/USA/Costa Rica/Honduras but if the team can pick up 4 pts at 2 out of the 4 teams I mention coupled with home wins then they stand a very good chance at qualification.

The fact remains this team does not look good enough at this point and change should be made now rather then later. WCQ for the teams on a bye starts in 2012. We are a several months away from that. Dont gamble like last time!
                        Last edited by Warlord; October 13, 2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                          If only it was so easy. You cannot expect JA to qualify or advance by simply winning home games. You have to get something on the road.

Last campaign, Honduras (3rd place finisher in Concacaf) won games on the road to qualify for South Africa. Nobody expects this team to win at Mexx/USA/Costa Rica/Honduras but if the team can pick up 4 pts at 2 out of the 4 teams I mention coupled with home wins then they stand a very good chance at qualification.

The fact remains this team does not look good enough at this point and change should be made now rather then later. WCQ for the teams on a bye starts in 2012. We are a several months away from that. Dont gamble like last time!
                          Warlord, what a gwaan? Nice to have you back on the forum. Agreed, we definately need some more quality in the squad and need to do better on the road in the qualifying campaign, home form alone is not gonna get us to the World Cup.

Comment

Working...
                          X