Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The starting line up for tonight

Starting 11 announced! Honduras vs Jamaica
    October 11, 2011 | Filed underFeatured Posts,Jamaica National Teams,Men's Senior News,National News,News,Press Releases,Teams | Posted by JamFedadmin
    The starting 11 for today’s game against Honduras has been announced, which includes two of the three new additions to the squad.

Lets give our Reggae Boyz some much needed support.

The match will be shown LIVE on TVJ Sports Network at 8:00pm, October 11, 2011

•Dwayne Miller #13
    •Shavar Thomas #4
    •Jermaine Taylor #6
    •Nathan Smith #3
    •Rodolph Austin #17
    •Marvin Elliot #9
    •Jason Morrison #7
    •Keammar Daley #18
    •Demar Phillips #12
    •Dane Richards #11
    •Omar Cummings #14

That is a decent starting lineup. My main concern is the Central defense of Shavar and Austin. Both usually do well when they have two midfielders protecting them as is the case with Morrison and Elliot, but if they play too high up the field at any point, we are in problems. Also, Nathan Smith is not very good defensively. Will be interesting to see how Austin performs at right back.

Comment

The team looks better already, my youth Marvin Elliott will make a big difference to our midfield. I watch this youth play at least once every fortnight so i know he is a strong runner, tough tackler and will use the ball simply and effectively.

Comment

the lingering question in my mind is, do we have the quality players to take advantage of the distribution from the midfield (do we need 10 chances to make 1 goal?) and stemming from that, how well do we use the midfield because i think we bypass it too often.

true we are not arsenal but finishing is a big problem for us (as it is with arsenal) like us they do not look to take shots from outside of the box and gwa'an ramp ramp wid it around the box until dem lose it ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          the lingering question in my mind is, do we have the quality players to take advantage of the distribution from the midfield (do we need 10 chances to make 1 goal?) and stemming from that, how well do we use the midfield because i think we bypass it too often.

true we are not arsenal but finishing is a big problem for us (as it is with arsenal) like us they do not look to take shots from outside of the box and gwa'an ramp ramp wid it around the box until dem lose it ....
          You hit the nail on the head, we haven't got a clinical finisher in our squad. What or who is the solution?

Comment

the closest we have had in a while is king. i would say omar cummings and dane richards are the closest we have now...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the closest we have had in a while is king. i would say omar cummings and dane richards are the closest we have now...
              I cant vouch for Cummings or Richards because i dont see them playing at club level but there are various striking options available to Tappa in the UK.

Comment

well i think they are the best of what we see here .... what are the options uk side? i.e. ready willing and able ...

Comment

Daniel Gordon "Close" to 100% After Ankle Injury

Daniel Gordon has been struggling all season with an ankle injury, apparently suffered during pre-season training. He has yet to appear in an official Bundesliga 2 match with FSV, but he has played six games with FSV's reserve team, playing all 90 minutes in five matches. He has two goals and two yellow cards.

Daniel scored the only goal as a substitute with the main team in 1-0 win over Bundesliga 2 rival Kickers Offenbach in a friendly match. Yesterday, this interview with Daniel appeared in Frankfurt media. Daniel admitted he was not competitive in training, after the injury but now he says he's "close" and is awaiting his chance to play for the main team.

http://www.fr-online.de/fsv-frankfur...rstTeaser.html
                  Last edited by Bruce; October 11, 2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

As long as the experiment with the Reid breddah done...
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

As Shatta use to seh "duh mi ah beg unnuh leggo di Dada" ah nuh bypass di yout. Kah... well wi all know mi bias when it come to dat yout deh.

Comment

well i think they are the best of what we see here .... what are the options uk side? i.e. ready willing and able ...
                        Jermaine Beckford and Aaron Maclean and Nicky Maynard are 3 good finishers and would make a difference.

Comment

Just cool myYout nothing can stop him now, great things to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            Jermaine Beckford and Aaron Maclean and Nicky Maynard are 3 good finishers and would make a difference.
                            Aaron Maclean is no better than Cummings and every time I have seen him play his conversion is just as poor as Ryan Johnson.

Comment

that answers the "able" question ...

Comment

Working...
                              X