No announcement yet.

Time for Tappa to stop messing around!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Tappa to stop messing around!!

Yes we have talent in Jamaica but they are just not ready, so here is the deal. We lost the last four games including a 2-1 loss to Sporting Central!! Wow, Disgraceful...not even a top five Yard team. Qualifying is a few months away, players need to make their decisions to don our colours, the team needs to gel, so now is the time to call the players to help us! The following players can certainly help and we must call them...let them refuse so wi can move on! Daniel Sturridge - Chelsea
    Chris Humphries - Motherwell
    Scott Sinclair - Swansea
    Nathan Dyer - Swansea
    Zavon Hines - Burnley
    Danny Rose - Tottenham
    Jermaine Pennant - Stoke
    Raheem Sterling - Liverpool
    Darren Mattocks - Akron
    McKauly Tulloch - UCF
    Sean Johnson - Chicago Fire (GK)
    Daniel Gordon - German League

If we get even five players from this list and integrate them with the absolute best from our present player pool, then we would have an amazing team. I really don't want to see Luton Shelton, Claude Davis and Damion Powell in another Reggaeboyz jersey...trust mi Luton will kill our World Cup hopes! His first touch and shooting is too poor at this level, fast and foolish cyaan cut it!

Agree that the pool should be expanded. No need to panic over the Sporting Central game. It isn't the first time that has happened to a Jamaican team, and it has happened to Jamaican teams loaded with English based players.

Comment

Sensi, how many of those you listed are interested in representing us?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well as he said, send out the invitation and if they refuse, then move on. There are also a number of eligible players in the MLS too that have not been called. Now is the time to call everybody and start building the team.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Sensi, how many of those you listed are interested in representing us?
          These guys we already know interested:

Chris Humphries - Motherwell
          Zavon Hines - Burnley
          Raheem Sterling - Liverpool
          Darren Mattocks - Akron
          McKauly Tulloch - UCF
          Daniel Gordon - German League

Forget head case Pennant,who plays with Fuller but then sey he wants to play for Ireland. The GK want to rep the US I believe.

Comment

Darren Mattocks - (Akron not now..) also saw a nice placer from Robert Morris yesterday.. youth from KC..

Comment

shot fire cross the bow .....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...rooney?cc=3888

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yup i think he can help England.. and i dont think capello is adverse to cal him.

Comment

Like i said there is absolutely no chance you will see Sturridge in a Reggae Boyz shirt, it's too late now. He will be a major player for England. We should've made a move for him 2 years ago.

Comment

Even then Sturridge was never coming onboard. He would have said he is going to wait to see his options.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                      Even then Sturridge was never coming onboard. He would have said he is going to wait to see his options.
                      He probably would, he is rated highly by Villas Boas so will play a lot of games for
                      Chelsea, and if he is playing for Chelsea he will play for England.

Comment

OJ, we need to give the future a chance! Mattocks was a national champion last year with Akron, a team that had 7 players drafted in the top 12 of the MLS draft. He is again one of the top players so far this season and is a natural scorer...something we haven't produced in ages! The kid is 21, if not now then when exactly should we call up the youth!? Bredrin we cannot wait until people are superstars to call them or else we will always be playing catchup, we need to be a step ahead or our players will be poached away by big nations. The Robert Morris youth you speak of is Prince Samuels, formerly of KC and Harbour View. He is very skillful especially in tight spaces and is definitely one for the future. My only problem with him is he needs to do more off the ball. I watched him play and score against USF and chat with him for a bit, apparently he is also well known by the USF coach as he was telling me about Prince before the game.

Comment

Mattocks was called to the Under 23 and joke out the man dem thing.

Comment

I partially agree with you Dunny because his uncle Dean was not kean on repping us either and so he could also influence Daniel, but I think we should put the pressure on him though...let him refuse. At least it will signal our intentions to other potential Reggaeboyz and also let Sturridge know he has a home on the rock if that's his desire, so he can't later say he wanted to but we didn't call him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
                              I partially agree with you Dunny because his uncle Dean was not kean on repping us either and so he could also influence Daniel, but I think we should put the pressure on him though...let him refuse. At least it will signal our intentions to other potential Reggaeboyz and also let Sturridge know he has a home on the rock if that's his desire, so he can't later say he wanted to but we didn't call him.
                              Agreed, i would rather they get 3 quality players from the prem than 6 or 7 lower
                              division players.

Comment

Working...
                              X