English players eye Reggae band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
    Okay, lets say you were born in Ja and your parents move to Brasil since you were three years old. You went to the Sao paulo youth academy and is now acquired by Santos. You are picked for Brasil's U17. Everyone in Ja begins to notice you, it will be only a matter of time before you get called to the senoir men's team. Who would you want to play for Brasil or Ja?
    Jawge it depends how deep a feeling you have for Jamaica, what you dont understand is some people who were born in Jamaica and grew up in England still have the same affinity with the Island just like you. I have cousins who came here when they were 3,5 and 7 who considers themselves Jamaican they have a passion for the Island because of the household they were brought up in. I will give you another example:- Emmanuel Frimpong born in Ghana came here at a young age joined Arsenal at the age of nine, played for England u16 & u19 got a call up for the England u21 recently,he came out and said he is only interested in playing for Ghana even if he have to ride a bycicle there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
      Okay, lets say you were born in Ja and your parents move to Brasil since you were three years old. You went to the Sao paulo youth academy and is now acquired by Santos. You are picked for Brasil's U17. Everyone in Ja begins to notice you, it will be only a matter of time before you get called to the senoir men's team. Who would you want to play for Brasil or Ja?
      I'm confused as to why you want to bring Brasil into this; makes no sense. The current situation with Sterling is crystal clear and needs no metaphors.

The youth is a Jamaican let him choose who he wants to represent. From your argument no Jamaican born outside JA should be called up; is this what you are trying to say?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
        I'm confused as to why you want to bring Brasil into this; makes no sense. The current situation with Sterling is crystal clear and needs no metaphors.

The youth is a Jamaican let him choose who he wants to represent. From your argument no Jamaican born outside JA should be called up; is this what you are trying to say?
        Jawge's argument confuses the hell out of me!!

Comment

if it is of any consolation, more likely than not it confuses the hell out of him

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

UB40s eyeing guyana too

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Again you seem to deliberately side-step my point. Whereas I agree with you about our need to develop our game on the intelligence level, high school foootballis not to be blamed for this lack of development. It is an unfortunate dilema that our national teams are directly fed from our high schools, but again, that is no fault of theirs. Even if we were to get better teachers of the game, as you always say, and put them into our high schools, that still would not be enough to get us playing consistently at a high level on the international stage. We need an in-between and that is where a national academy (or a system that pulls the better players out of the school system to develop) or the clubs come in.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

jangle, i do not think it is deliberate ... that tends to suggest some amount of thought and analysis

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                  Raheem Stirling came up through QPR academy and was then transferred to Liverpool for a descent sum when he was 15 years old, the England national set up had nothing to do with is development so why should we give up on him just like that?
                  The know Steve Galen who coached him at QPR. This young man will more than likely never play for Jamaica. He is English bound and his future is only in England and for England at the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Pbanta View Post
                    The know Steve Galen who coached him at QPR. This young man will more than likely never play for Jamaica. He is English bound and his future is only in England and for England at the present.
                    Steve can say what him want say, the youth people dem is some of the most
                    patriotic people you can find, i say there is a great chance he will play for Jamaica but it's whether Tappa is brave enough to include a 17 year old in his world cup squad. If the JFF can manage to sell him the dream of playing in the world cup in 2014 there is a realistic chance we can keep him out of England's clutches!!

Comment

Metaphor? In years to come you may just see a half Jakan playing for Brasil.

Comment

Metaphor? In years to come you may just see a half Jakan playing for Brasil.

Comment

Okay let me put it very simple: it's not if but when sterling is going to start for England. My money is on Brasil 2014.

Comment

Hi Mom

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            Steve can say what him want say, the youth people dem is some of the most
                            patriotic people you can find, i say there is a great chance he will play for Jamaica but it's whether Tappa is brave enough to include a 17 year old in his world cup squad. If the JFF can manage to sell him the dream of playing in the world cup in 2014 there is a realistic chance we can keep him out of England's clutches!!
                            You can't sell the young man because what his Jamaican mom says goes. She's not going to listen to the JFF. She has the families bet interest and future in mine. She kept him at QPR and when QPR and she were ready with his development he went. Dream all you want. The young man considers himself English and his future is English.

Comment

Englan is him future in professional football dat soun right, international football is anodah mattah.

Comment

Working...
                              X