Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl & whoever can make it on 10/22 @7 PM to OTown

Tulloch Selected as National, C-USA Player of the Week

McKauly Tulloch helped the Knights open Conference USA play with two victories over ranked teams last week.

Oct. 3, 2011

Read John Denton's Knights Insider | Follow us on Twitter | Get social with the Knights on Facebook
    By Doug Richards
    UCFAthletics.com

ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) - After helping the UCF men's soccer team to league victories over two ranked opponents, sophomore McKauly Tulloch (Kingston, Jamaica) was named the College Soccer News National Player of the Week Monday. The forward, who was also selected as the C-USA Offensive Player of the Week, totaled seven points as the Knights (8-1-1, 2-0 C-USA) opened league play with two wins.

Tulloch registered three goals and an assist during the week. In UCF's 4-2 triumph at SMU, he tallied a pair of goals in the second half. He also assisted on Eduardo Jimenez' first-half goal that gave the Knights a 2-0 advantage against the Mustangs, who were ranked 21st in the Soccer America poll.

Tulloch began the week by scoring in UCF's 2-1 comeback win in overtime against a visiting Kentucky squad that was ranked No. 21 by the NSCAA. After the Wildcats took an early 1-0 lead, Tulloch tied the match at the 38-minute mark.

On the season, Tulloch has 12 goals in only eight matches. He leads the nation in points with 27. The C-USA honor is the second of the year for the sophomore. The Knights will return to action Saturday when they host South Carolina for a conference match. The contest at the UCF Soccer Complex will begin at 4 p.m.
    Last edited by Karl; October 10, 2011, 06:19 PM.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

It is a Saturday evening and I will be on the UCF campus. This young man is a delight to watch. Incredible turns and shots.......and a typical attitude to watch. Let's meet up.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

...tell him to wear shin pads.....
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Calling you now....
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
        X