Chris Humphrey....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Humphrey....

Plays for Motherwell in the SPL and is highly thought of both in England and Scotland reportedly been chased by a host of EPL clubs. JFF get him on the programme before it's too late!!

Liverpool eye shock summer move for highly-rated Motherwell winger Humphrey

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 1:57 PM on 13th May 2011

Liverpool are lining up a shock summer swoop for Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey.
    Lift off: Liverpool could launch a shock summer move for Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey

The Jamaican-born midfielder has attracted attention from a host of Barclays Premier League clubs following an impressive season in the Scottish Premier League, helping Stuart McCall's side reach the Scottish Cup final.
    Newcastle, Bolton, Birmingham and Everton are all said to be tracking the fleet-footed 22-year-old who signed a one-year contract extension with Motherwell in January to keep him at the club until 2013,
    Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is keen to add more depth to his squad in the close-season with Aston Villa's Ashley Young his leading target. But Humphrey is also on his list and considered a talent with a promising future.
    Humphrey, who began his career at Walsall before moving onto Shrewsbury, via West Bromwich Albion, where he spent three years before becoming former Motherwell boss Jim Gannon's second signing in 2009.
    Liverpool are reportedly sending a scout to monitor his performance at Hampden Park when Motherwell take on Celtic on May 21 bidding to win only their second Scottish Cup since winning their first in 1991.
    Humphrey, however, would find it difficult leaving Fir Park. The club were deeply supportive of him when his partner sadly lost their unborn baby shortly after joining the club.
    Speaking when he signed his new contract at the beginning of the year, Humphrey said: 'When the club approached me and asked if I would sign an extension to my contract it was an immediate answer.

Winging it: Humphrey has attracted attention from a host of Premier League clubs

'When my family and I were going through a very difficult time the club and the fans offered us amazing support.
    'We are very much settled here and I could not be happier than to agree to extend my contract with a club that offers the support that we received when we needed it.
    'I just hope I can perform to the best of my ability and repay the faith shown in me by both the club and the fans.'
    A glamour move to Anfield could prove too difficult to resist though for the highly-rated star.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1aAyhoyFH

JFF has already been talking to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      JFF has already been talking to him.
      Excellent, thanks Me!

Comment

He Was Selected For Gold Cup Squad

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
        Excellent, thanks Me!
        If I recall, Chris Humphries was invited to the Gold Cup team tryouts, but had to withdraw because of a serious illness in his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          If I recall, Chris Humphries was invited to the Gold Cup team tryouts, but had to withdraw because of a serious illness in his family.
          Motherwell star Chris Humphrey: Hearing our fans sing song about me against Celtic would be perfect

Sep 10 2011 Euan Mclean
          CHRIS HUMPHREY admits he didn't realise Motherwell fans were singing a song in his honour during their last game against Dunfermline.
          Now he fears he'll go another 90 minutes without hearing it - unless Well's travelling support can drown out a packed Parkhead crowd.
          The pacy winger has clearly earned cult status at Fir Park with fans singing "Humphrey, why don't you please run down the wing for me?" to the tune of Buddy Holly's Heartbeat.
          Humphrey smiled: "I didn't realise the song was for me until after the game. I couldn't hear the words and it was only when one of my friends texted me an hour later that it dawned on me.
          "I'll definitely be listening out for it now. Hopefully they'll be singing it at Parkhead but I might not be able to hear them this time because there will be so many Celtic fans. I've never experienced this before. You might have just one or two sing a song but against Dunfermline everyone seemed to be singing it and it was great to find out it was for me.
          "But our fans are great like that, they back us brilliantly and coming out in force home and away. That has been a big help to us playing well this season.
          "I've experienced the other side of that when fans were getting at me. It's not nice but you just get on with it or laugh it off. But that's all part of the game and you just learn to blot it out."
          Humphrey's impressive start to the season has earned him a call-up to the Jamaican national team - ending any notion of him possibly playing for Scotland - but red tape has delayed his first cap.
          It's expected to be sorted in time for the next round of internationals and Humphrey will have Well's new recruit Omar Daley to help him settle into the national set-up.
          Daley will have to wait for his Well debut having joined the squad late this week.
          But boss Stuart McCall will still travel with a strong side brimming with confidence following their superb start, a fact that yesterday earned him the Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Month Award.
          McCall said: "I'm delighted - and not just for me, Kenny Black and my backroom staff. When you get manager of the month it means you've had the team of the month and for that the players deserve all the credit.
          "We know how tough this game will be though. People ask if seeing St Johnstone win 1-0 at Parkhead gives you hope.
          "I also look a week before that when a good Dundee United side went there, played well and still lost five goals. We'll need to stick together and defend as well as St Johnstone did - and we'll need a bit of luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
            Motherwell star Chris Humphrey: Hearing our fans sing song about me against Celtic would be perfect

Sep 10 2011 Euan Mclean
            CHRIS HUMPHREY admits he didn't realise Motherwell fans were singing a song in his honour during their last game against Dunfermline.
            Now he fears he'll go another 90 minutes without hearing it - unless Well's travelling support can drown out a packed Parkhead crowd.
            The pacy winger has clearly earned cult status at Fir Park with fans singing "Humphrey, why don't you please run down the wing for me?" to the tune of Buddy Holly's Heartbeat.
            Humphrey smiled: "I didn't realise the song was for me until after the game. I couldn't hear the words and it was only when one of my friends texted me an hour later that it dawned on me.
            "I'll definitely be listening out for it now. Hopefully they'll be singing it at Parkhead but I might not be able to hear them this time because there will be so many Celtic fans. I've never experienced this before. You might have just one or two sing a song but against Dunfermline everyone seemed to be singing it and it was great to find out it was for me.
            "But our fans are great like that, they back us brilliantly and coming out in force home and away. That has been a big help to us playing well this season.
            "I've experienced the other side of that when fans were getting at me. It's not nice but you just get on with it or laugh it off. But that's all part of the game and you just learn to blot it out."
            Humphrey's impressive start to the season has earned him a call-up to the Jamaican national team - ending any notion of him possibly playing for Scotland - but red tape has delayed his first cap.
            It's expected to be sorted in time for the next round of internationals and Humphrey will have Well's new recruit Omar Daley to help him settle into the national set-up.
            Daley will have to wait for his Well debut having joined the squad late this week.
            But boss Stuart McCall will still travel with a strong side brimming with confidence following their superb start, a fact that yesterday earned him the Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Month Award.
            McCall said: "I'm delighted - and not just for me, Kenny Black and my backroom staff. When you get manager of the month it means you've had the team of the month and for that the players deserve all the credit.
            "We know how tough this game will be though. People ask if seeing St Johnstone win 1-0 at Parkhead gives you hope.
            "I also look a week before that when a good Dundee United side went there, played well and still lost five goals. We'll need to stick together and defend as well as St Johnstone did - and we'll need a bit of luck."

Comment

Working...
            X