Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Horace smart to ouline interest in Daniel Sturridge

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports1.html

it's neither here nor there. If Sturridge is interested in playing for us, then he'll play.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Doesn't make a difference. the English FA will know the minute Horace sends an invitation and then act to block it.

Comment

What Would Look Better?

Originally posted by Me View Post
        Doesn't make a difference. the English FA will know the minute Horace sends an invitation and then act to block it.

What would look better for Horace Reid?

Given that if Sturridge confirms to JFF that he is eligible to play for Jamaica:

1. JFF invites Sturridge, then as one Forumite has suggested, England blocks it

2. JFF does not invite Sturridge.

Comment

i see.. so it makes it seems the Jff is trying but really the way i see it is that Surridge is a good player who could play for England now and who Cappello will call as he is apt to do. So why put it out there. Do what the canadians are doing behind the scene with Hoilett and Deguzman.... work the channels dont make an announcement until you are close. But hopefully it works out. If thats how it is go for Jonathan Deguzman and Jr. Hoillet too.

Comment

well is not behind the scenes anymore!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

These guys who run the JFF make me laugh, there is no way they can get Sturridge to play for Jamaica now, they should've tried to cap him a long time ago, just like they should've capped Ashley Young when he was at Watford instead they sit and wait and try to make thier move when it's obvious that it is just a matter of time before he plays for England. This is like a dog barking at flying bird!,they need to go and get players that are within thier reach. Raheem Stirling is gonna be a great player even the blind man can see that and he is Jamaican, Chris Humphries is Jamaican,Zavon Hines is Jamaican these are the players we should be bringing into the reckoning.

Comment

Getting Capped

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                These guys who run the JFF make me laugh, there is no way they can get Sturridge to play for Jamaica now, they should've tried to cap him a long time ago, just like they should've capped Ashley Young when he was at Watford instead they sit and wait and try to make thier move when it's obvious that it is just a matter of time before he plays for England. This is like a dog barking at flying bird!,they need to go and get players that are within thier reach. Raheem Stirling is gonna be a great player even the blind man can see that and he is Jamaican, Chris Humphries is Jamaican,Zavon Hines is Jamaican these are the players we should be bringing into the reckoning.
                Capping International players is must if your plan is never to develop them inside your country with a plan, but you have to know where they are early through a location system you have with your organization and then the right person to go after them. A course must be plotted other wise a ship goes down. This should not happen just because an organization hopes to make the next round toward the W/C. It happens consistently as part of a plan so a country who love football will see football played and everyone hopes and dreams come to a reality and including those organization. Players make the money for a federation and not the federation for the players.

Comment

you have to be able to recognise TALENT early .... when you wait and see you will most times lose the better players to the bigger countries because of things like football infrastructure and facilities. not even to mention pressure form the clubs!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    you have to be able to recognise TALENT early .... when you wait and see you will most times lose the better players to the bigger countries because of things like football infrastructure and facilities. not even to mention pressure form the clubs!
                    I'm happy you guys are agreeing with what i'm saying, i am so frustrated it just seem to me that the JFF does not have anyone scouting and haven't got a clue about talented young players who can represent our nation. I am not talking about players with Jamaican great grandparents, i am talking about players who were actually born in jamaica and it pains me to see these guys end up representing England without us even making an effort it absolutely ********es me off and it's something that i'm really passionate about.

Comment

It is quite disturbing fi real. The muking JFF needs to get their act together.

Comment

Working...
                      X