This Tevez drama has been on many levels for many years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Tevez drama has been on many levels for many years

First, the EPL and most of the European establishment have not been happy that the Tevez case has been a challenge to the paradigm of teams owning players. This has been the first out and out case of agents not representing players but actually owning them. The league tried to break it and then Man U did the league a favor by trying to break it.

Tevez has been slow to understand that he really does not have an agent who looks out for him. He has argued with people who have tried to explain that to him. His agent is conflicted. He wants to go back to SA but either doesnt understand or doesnt care to understand that his so called agent received big big fees for him to be at Man City. He got a cut of those fees.

If you sign for Man U and Man City and for West Ham before then, you must, at some time figure that you must make lifestyle adjustments or bring in or get the team to bring in chefs etc to allow you to have your cuisine. If you are going to make the money and the fame that is not available in South America, then get your family to understand and adjust because your playing career is very finite. To have the mother of his children forever accept the benefits of his top flite career but constantly moan because he is away is quite silly.

You've been playing in England for several years. You are the captain of one of the top teams in the world. And wow, you can only communicate through an interpreter or via sign language! And you dont care to make any effort to change that!

The England vs Argie stuff is hype. So much of English culture is in Argentina. So many Argentines have played in England and have got beyond that. English football fanz dont care about that. Man U fanz, especially, loved Tevez. Using that as an excuse is baloney.

I'm not a fan of Mancini. However, it was great to see the exchange between he and Balotelli last week. As a captain, Tevez should have jumped off the bench in Munich. He gave one explanation after the game and now is giving a totally different one. He claims he was misinterpreted. Jumping off the bench or remaining on the bench in a crucial game needs no special interpretation. Action or inaction in that case is understood by even small children.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Tevez has disappointed (me) big time with the display of petulance... there could never have been ANY misunderstanding about the coach's intention and that the coach wanted him to go in the game... it is obvious that he is no longer a trusted TEAM player but an egotistical spoilt footballer... maybe there is a career in politics for him after football.

BTW Argentina has a cricket team and over the years, many of the players as far as I am aware, have British roots. Tevez probably doesn't even know they have a cricket team...probbaly doean't know what cricket is..

Him really fall from grace (in my books). Sad.
    Peter R

Comment

Westman, I am not going to defend Tevez actions against Bayern. As the story has been told, he is in the wrong and City should do what they have to do to right-set their club. However, the agent, lifestyle, cultural conflict etc. are neither "here nor there" to me. Unless he is somehow in violation of rules or an employment requirement the man is free to be a donkey and complainer all he wants. Delivering on the pitch is all that matters and refusing to play should be an action that FIFA should take a definitive position on. For example, a 1 year ban with compensation to the club would be a great place to start.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Your strictness will frightnen HL. Anyway, I have always liked the way Tevez plays. He is my favorite of the Argies, Messi included. However, we should remember why he is called the Apache. His apartment complex was nicknamed after the movie Fort Apache. He is very unsophisticated and "dark" as Jamaicans would say. As black Americans would say, you can take him out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of him.

Re the other things, I introduced them as part of the context of how he is viewed in England. If he had an agent who wasnt conflicted, maybe that agent could have tried to polish him. I have heard many a sports agent say that they make it their personal mission to try to polish unsophiticated athletes. Most are very successful at it.

So to two pivotal Tevez issues. How can you be a team leader yet you cannot communicate verbally with the players and you dont care? How can you be big man playing in England and yet you are crying for Argie food? many teams hire chefs and other domestic help to cater to the needs of players. He should be able to afford this or he should be able to have the team provide such. That is simple in this day and age.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Tevez thinks everything is about him. Him nuh realise that in the big scale of things the team want it to be about them first and foremost. You can't cry that manager nah treat you right and at the same time you a do everything to disrupt the team. It has all been about Tevez and if he continue this way he will end up like Edumundo and other gifted players who don't believe they have to scarifice anything.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Tevez thinks everything is about him. Him nuh realise that in the big scale of things the team want it to be about them first and foremost. You can't cry that manager nah treat you right and at the same time you a do everything to disrupt the team. It has all been about Tevez and if he continue this way he will end up like Edumundo and other gifted players who don't believe they have to scarifice anything.

Showthe cry baby the door!
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Problem is he hasn't been delivering on the pitch...

Comment

ariel ortega was a similar mental case when he played in europe.

anyway ... newsflash to tevez ... the perform ON the pitch you have to BE on the pitch ... suh when dem a sub yuh in .... yuhzimi?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                  Your strictness will frightnen HL. Anyway, I have always liked the way Tevez plays. He is my favorite of the Argies, Messi included. However, we should remember why he is called the Apache. His apartment complex was nicknamed after the movie Fort Apache. He is very unsophisticated and "dark" as Jamaicans would say. As black Americans would say, you can take him out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of him.

Okay - but I think you'd agree this has nothing to do with his onfield performances.

Re the other things, I introduced them as part of the context of how he is viewed in England. If he had an agent who wasnt conflicted, maybe that agent could have tried to polish him. I have heard many a sports agent say that they make it their personal mission to try to polish unsophiticated athletes. Most are very successful at it.

I don't know whether the agents so called conflict has anything to do with it; my *suspicion* is that Tevez could have Jesus him self as a representative and we wouldn't see any "polish", he is what he is.

So to two pivotal Tevez issues. How can you be a team leader yet you cannot communicate verbally with the players and you dont care? How can you be big man playing in England and yet you are crying for Argie food? many teams hire chefs and other domestic help to cater to the needs of players. He should be able to afford this or he should be able to have the team provide such. That is simple in this day and age.

Tevez could not have appointed himself "captain" so that decision - good or bad, smart or stupid - was not his to make. Clearly, the manager thought good enough of his leadership skills despite the challenges you mention to overlook or ignore them. You can't pile that on him. The fact that he is not a good leader is his loss, and Mancini's mistake, which to the latter's credit is now somewhat acknowledged and he's now moving on.

Tevez's only job is to do what is required of him in his contract. Everything else is subjective, whether him eat dawg for breakfast or ride donkey go a work, makes no difference. He is most likely in violation of his contract and should pay the consequences.
                  See above in red.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                  X