RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even Bolt would not have caught Pato, Guardiola says..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Bolt would not have caught Pato, Guardiola says..

Even Bolt would not have caught Pato, Guardiola says

BARCELONAv(Reuters) -- Not even 100 metres world record holder Usain Bolt could have caught AC Milan's Alexandre Pato when he streaked through to score against Barcelona after 24 seconds on Tuesday, Barca coach Pep Guardiola said.

The 22-year-old Brazil striker left the home defence for dead and stunned a packed Nou Camp to score the fifth-fastest goal in the Champions League since Europe's elite club competition was created in 1992.

"Not even Usain Bolt would have been able to stop him," Guardiola told a news conference. "I'd like my team to have legs with so much running in them."

Holders Barca fought back through strikes from Pedro and David Villa in the Group H opener before Thiago Silva snatched a stoppage-time equaliser.
    "Certain things were against us, but all we can do is congratulate Milan and Pato."

With captain Carles Puyol only declared fit this week after knee surgery and his partner in central defence Gerard Pique sidelined, Barca coach Pep Guardiola had deployed midfielders Sergio Busquets and Javier Mascherano at the back.

The decision looked to have backfired immediately when Pato exposed their obvious lack of pace.

Former Netherlands striker Roy Makaay holds the record for the fastest Champions League goal after he netted for Bayern Munich 10 seconds into their game against Real Madrid in 2007.

Guardiola said there were some things he and his players needed to improve upon but said he had complete faith in the squad, which was reinforced in the close season with Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas and Chile forward Alexis Sanchez.

"You all know already that I cannot doubt these players," former Barca and Spain midfielder Guardiola said.

"If they have demonstrated anything it's that in terms of work rate nobody comes near them."

Copyright 2011 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1XwLOzkev
    Last edited by Karl; September 14, 2011, 01:38 PM.

Got to lift my hat to AC Milan. They were thoroughly outplayed. The Hallmark of a good team is a never say die attitude.

Barca is the King of playing in small spaces with short passes. I smiled right through the game!!

The Italian defensive philosophy is the style of football that Jamaica MUST adopt.

The twinkle-toe style won't werk.

Sssssup Scaly?
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Hey HL what was the result of the US Costa Rica game?. I missed your match report. Thanks in advance.

Comment

So you watched it!
        It was enthralling.

btw - Guardiola's words show the reach of Bolt and the importance of 'speed across ground'.

...Barcelona can be beaten
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          Got to lift my hat to AC Milan. They were thoroughly outplayed. The Hallmark of a good team is a never say die attitude.

Barca is the King of playing in small spaces with short passes. I smiled right through the game!!

The Italian defensive philosophy is the style of football that Jamaica MUST adopt.

The twinkle-toe style won't werk.

Sssssup Scaly?
          Doing well....the girls of the NYC summer have taken it to new heights...one was walking topless down 7th Ave the other day....I LOVE THIS PLACE...how are the Real Housewifes of Atlanta?

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly Spurs View Post
            Doing well....the girls of the NYC summer have taken it to new heights...one was walking topless down 7th Ave the other day....I LOVE THIS PLACE...how are the Real Housewifes of Atlanta?
            di gyal dem ah Babylon ah shock out fi reel...byah crick neck ah gwaan out deh puppa...nex one always betta dan di laas to ********!!
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Hardi harr harrr Rudi.

Costa Rica Runs Out 1-0 Winners at The Home Depot Center as the Men's National Team Suffers Defeat

HL

Comment

Hey if we can't laugh what are you.

Comment

I don't know how they are doing Scaly.

I have to wear one of these 'specially when I go out....

HL

Comment

Working...
                  X