Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Sturridge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Q0xOanqWw

The I dem will not believe what Daniel Sturride said on this youtube link..

Let's all blow up the JFF/TAPPA phone line/facebook/email/twitter let's sound an alarm all 'itesd....

Originally posted by arego61 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Q0xOanqWw

The I dem will not believe what Daniel Sturride said on this youtube link..

Let's all blow up the JFF/TAPPA phone line/facebook/email/twitter let's sound an alarm all 'itesd....

The piece below was written a few days ago by a 'ite name HI

Comment

The piece below was written a few days ago by a 'ite name HI

IfDaniel Sturridge & Jermaine Pennant were American descent thaUSAFA would have launch a full court press for their signatures.

Bradley would have being on the plane himself long ago during his tenor to makehis case personally to them. They would want to be told to their face no oryes. we must make the same approach.

BURRELL need to learn a lesson how the big boys do business. In Club, college& country the USA take recruiting seriously -like religion- on all levels.

One player of the right pedigree can totally revolutionized anorganization, and we've seen that time and time again in football and allsports.

I'd say to the JFF don't just let STURRIDGE get away without afight, cause he's worth every dollar spent in trying to secure his signaturefor Jamaica.

STURRIDGE has the ability, comparible to JOHN BARNES to seriouslyaffect our program. We already have a foot in the door Because he said he"LOVES" Jamaica.

But he won't budge unless we communicate to him a clear and comprehensive planto sign the very best in England, alongside what we have in the MLS andSCANDINAVIA.

Probably STURRIDGE isn't even aware of the other EPL &championship players we have to our disposal....

Jah know Star, I'm not being over the top as some may be thinking. I know thepower of the pen, and if I can make enough noise who knows, the right ear mayhear something and do something different for Jamaica football.

The JFF/Burrell need to have plan in place to attract STURRIDGE. If they shouldonly see how coaches and American football administrators go about wining anddining american football prospects. Because they know one player can changetheir whole program. Not just on the field but a great player can attract othertalented propects and be a great infulence to an overall team chemistry andspirit.

Comment

weh SIMON seh "anytime babe anytime"

Comment

IfDaniel Sturridge & Jermaine Pennant were American descent thaUSAFA would have launch a full court press for their signatures.

Bradley would have being on the plane himself long ago during his tenor to makehis case personally to them. They would want to be told to their face no oryes. we must make the same approach.

BURRELL need to learn a lesson how the big boys do business. In Club, college& country the USA take recruiting seriously -like religion- on all levels.

One player of the right pedigree can totally revolutionized anorganization, and we've seen that time and time again in football and allsports.

I'd say to the JFF don't just let STURRIDGE get away without afight, cause he's worth every dollar spent in trying to secure his signaturefor Jamaica.

STURRIDGE has the ability, comparible to JOHN BARNES to seriouslyaffect our program. We already have a foot in the door Because he said he"LOVES" Jamaica.

But he won't budge unless we communicate to him a clear and comprehensive planto sign the very best in England, alongside what we have in the MLS andSCANDINAVIA.

Probably STURRIDGE isn't even aware of the other EPL &championship players we have to our disposal....

Jah know Star, I'm not being over the top as some may be thinking. I know thepower of the pen, and if I can make enough noise who knows, the right ear mayhear something and do something different for Jamaica football.

The JFF/Burrell need to have plan in place to attract STURRIDGE. If they shouldonly see how coaches and American football administrators go about wining anddining american football prospects. Because they know one player can changetheir whole program. Not just on the field but a great player can attract othertalented propects and be a great infulence to an overall team chemistry andspirit.

Agree with the article,if the JFF was serious Ashley Young would've been a Jamaican International instead of playing for England, the youth was ready to commit to Jamaica a few years ago but we joke out the thing.A great example is Ghana, Frimpong at Arsenal was called into the England U21 squad last week but the Ghana FA was able to get into his ears and he is close to representing them even though he represented England at U17 and U19 level.Frimpong was born in Ghana but grew up in England. Young players like Raheem Stirling,Chris Humphrey,Zavon Hines etc should be approached and capped by Jamaica before England nab them. It is important that we identify these young players especially the ones who were born in Jamaica and get them on the program before the become big stars it is a lot harder then.

Comment

The Sturridge family has never forgotten Jamaica and they have some big plans for local football in the works as we speak.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thought we didn't need UB40's?

Comment

Time ah di mastah, nutten happen before di time.

Comment

Why didn't Dean Strurridge play for JA?

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                    Why didn't Dean Strurridge play for JA?
                    " nobody called"

I think he represented England at the under 21 level

so it gonna be a bit tricky

Comment

Chelsea star hopes to set up academy in Jamaica

Published: Saturday | July 2, 2011 0 Comments

Chelsea FC and England Under-21 star Daniel Sturridge.- Gladstone T

Ryon Jones, Gleaner Writer
                      English Premier League striker, Daniel Sturridge, has a very strong connection with Jamaica, with both of his mother's parents and his paternal grandfather being Jamaicans.

The Chelsea front man has intentions of strengthening his ties with the country at the end of his playing career, as he plans on setting up a football academy in the island.

"I love this country and it has my roots, so to have something here when I finish my career would be special to me, so hopefully in the future I will be able to have a soccer school here," Sturridge told The Gleaner in an exclusive interview, while on his third visit to the island. "This would be my preferred country, I would rather do it here than to do it in England, to be honest," he added.

dedicated to the sport
                      According to Sturridge, the football school would be geared at giving young players access to training, while exposing them to proper dieting, the importance of training, and being dedicated to the sport.
                      The 21-year-old also plans on having a strong academic component to the academy.

"I would also want to ensure that they do their schoolwork, because a lot of people see it as one or the other, but when you are young you have to do both," Sturridge expressed.

The England under-21 player is eligible to represent Jamaica having not turned out for England at the senior level. He is, however, keen on making the transition to England's senior team but has not ruled out the possibility of playing for the Reggae Boyz, despite having never been approached by the local federation.

"You can never say never, I don't know what the future holds, as my roots are with Jamaica and I love the country, but that is not to say I would play for the Reggae Boyz," Sturridge stated. "It is just to say I love the country and I respect everyone, my family and the people make me feel so welcome."

He added: "If the full national team from England says they want me to play for them, obviously I would, because I have represented them through all the youth levels. I think for me it is obviously a natural transition to take the next step into the full squad of England."

Sturridge started his professional career with Manchester City where he spent three seasons before joining Chelsea in 2009. It is with Chelsea that he tasted his first major success winning the league and cup double in the 2010/2011 season. He, however, spent last season on loan at Bolton, where unlike at Chelsea, he was allowed first team. He made full use of his opportunity, netting the most goals in any one season in his career to date; eight in 11 starts and one appearance off the bench.

He hopes to remain at Chelsea next season, despite interest from several other top premier league clubs and is keen on impressing new manager André Villas-Boas.

"It is a new manager, new fresh start for every player, so for me it is just important for me to get back to Chelsea now and show this manager what I can do."

Comment

Working...
                      X