No announcement yet.

Positive in defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you dread, but truth be told, if we do that in a honest manner, most of the team will finally come from overseas players. The local talent pool is crap, and it is not for a lack of exposure. The local players representing us is about the best we have. The skill level is just not up to international standard. We have a tendency to overrate ourselves and the overall advancement suffers as a result. I remember when the so called local experts were forcing Lamay down the throats of technical directors, especially those from abroad. You would have thought Lamay was the best thing since sliced bread. Well he got his chance, I saw him, and there was nothing there. In fact his performance was nothing short of embarassing. To qualify we will need a team based on foreign professionals with the occasional local player. The problem is getting the commitment from the foreign players.

Comment

Is that all?

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
        I hear you dread, but truth be told, if we do that in a honest manner, most of the team will finally come from overseas players. The local talent pool is crap, and it is not for a lack of exposure. The local players representing us is about the best we have. The skill level is just not up to international standard. We have a tendency to overrate ourselves and the overall advancement suffers as a result. I remember when the so called local experts were forcing Lamay down the throats of technical directors, especially those from abroad. You would have thought Lamay was the best thing since sliced bread. Well he got his chance, I saw him, and there was nothing there. In fact his performance was nothing short of embarassing. To qualify we will need a team based on foreign professionals with the occasional local player. The problem is getting the commitment
        If our best team happens to be mainly foreign based, then so be it. Still, we would need to judiciously expose the local based talent to the international game.

Comment

Working...
        X