It's Time To Start Turning Over The Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    Reggaedoc, most times I just skip MyYouth's posts. It makes reading too difficult. I try and read some however when I have time. If I am rushing through some posts, I just skip it instead of trying to decipher what is being said.

I think when we formalize patois as a language and we are all taught how to read and write it, then it will be a different thing. I will not tell him to write in standard english though.
    If we formalize patois nothing will change because we will have another street language to replace the formalized one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
      Tappa is also looking for replacements in case the overseas players become injured or sick.
      Forget about the ranking for now. Tappa already got the job done when he rallied the Reggae Boyz to a top 6 ranking in CONCACAF which ensure a respite to seek out the next generation of Reggae Boyz. Inexperience international first time Reggae Boyz should be given our full support which should also be given to the coaching staff. Good or bad results in this experiment stage should be opinionated but not to the extreme where it affects morale.
      Most of you are not looking at the big picture even with 8 long months to go. You all just seem to want a quick fix.
      This is exactly the attitude that Klinsmann is taking with the U.S. team at the moment:

Better to experiment and look at tactics and potential contributors in these friendlies while the opportunity is there. The scorelines will matter in 9 months when qualifying begins - not now.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

You are so right.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You know fans though. They do not want to lose whether it is friendly or war.

I agree with you both.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

That is the thing it is not cryptic therefore the ability to decipher is not needed. How yuh check syllables, because it is patios the said syllable formulation an pronunciation exists for this beautiful dialect. Mi have one ting to seh any intelligent person can read and understand patios if they really want to because it is just pronunciation an understanding our base language. An it simple as dat, I wonder if I was writing in Jamaican twang as it is so called would read it or I might as well ask you the question would you read it, an would it be tediously hard to decipher?

Comment

Mi have one ting to seh any intelligent person can read and understand patios
              Therein lies the problem MyYouth. It is a problem with my intelligence. I thought I was just lazy and could not be bothered, but. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                Therein lies the problem MyYouth. It is a problem with my intelligence. I thought I was just lazy and could not be bothered, but. . .
                It's not only you Tilla, apparently, I have your lack of intelligence as well.

Comment

Den if wi all in di said boat what is di problem den?

Comment

Working...
                  X