It's Time To Start Turning Over The Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time To Start Turning Over The Stones

The yard ballers are not getting the job done for the Reggae Boyz.

It is time to start turning over the stones and take a look at all the prospects mentioned on this site, who ply their trade in the UK and elsewhere in Europe who never played for Jamaica.

Honestly speaking though...do you really feel that the team we are seeing now is the team that he will be using in the qualifier. Teams right now should be looking to find the fringe players to the core. I feel something is going on under the quiet...either money short or something but time is drawing near when the best team should be put together and start playing in games together...but they still have time

Comment

Wi haffi si which yard ballah ready from early, suh ah feel dis was di opportune time fi dat. As wi can si di bes one gaan ah Englan albeit 2nd division but it is ah start. Di dates inna october an November ah di one dem weh EPL ballah dem ago get call, kah dem wi bi months inna dem season. Yuh right dough wi have a likkle time.

Comment

make that "very little". a few more international dates left, not much
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I really hope so myYout....I feel Tappa is good for the program and development of the youths...I still feel we should give him the campaign and once he put his best foot forward when it counts is all that matters...but if him pop down using an idiot side we tun up the fire on him

Comment

This period is to weed out who will be making the bench and role players for when the UK based and top players come in.

I am sure that most of who we see now wont even get called when the WCQ start next year
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Hope we nah draw fi UK player like how just before qualifier a few years ago them did a bawl fi the UK player who couldn't get work permit and then after that Marlon King at the last minute.

It make no sense scrambling at the very last minute when we had the last two years to get one and two players in.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Remember the 8:3 ratio?

I have just revised it to 9:2.

That is: 9 UB40 (or foreign based players) : 2 NPL'er.

That's the formula for success in Jamaivan international football.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Expect the FIFA ranking to take a nose dive!
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Agree 100% Bruce. The problem is that the people in charge are in denial.

Comment

Sorry myYout. No offense, but could you write that in English. I am sure you are making a good point, but it is a bit difficult to understand. I mean no disrespect my brother. One love.

Comment

Man kyaan eben talk di ting, much less write it. When man come from di bankin ah jus suh mi breddah. Yuh haffi can mix up wid di culture. Yuh guh a yard an touch di road or yuh guh a Mobay wid di tourist dem. No dis still jus ah ask ah one ting like yuh.

Comment

Tappa held a team meeting for players to reflect on why they are not cutting it , in others why certain individuals arent good enough, a psychological way of rooting out ! When the cuts are made they can all say they dug their own graves and voiced their obituaries.

Shrewd move , now unto the new recruits.No denial on Tappas part, its tactical.

Good management skills esp from a vet who took part in a WC campaign and understands the yaad vs forgein politricks.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Tappa knows exactly what he is doing. Most of you seem to forget what Tappa did with the last 3 games in the last World Cup qualifiers. And he had no Brazilians staff around him. He was going it alone in less time.
                            Tappa is also looking for replacements in case the overseas players become injured or sick.
                            Forget about the ranking for now. Tappa already got the job done when he rallied the Reggae Boyz to a top 6 ranking in CONCACAF which ensure a respite to seek out the next generation of Reggae Boyz. Inexperience international first time Reggae Boyz should be given our full support which should also be given to the coaching staff. Good or bad results in this experiment stage should be opinionated but not to the extreme where it affects morale.
                            Most of you are not looking at the big picture even with 8 long months to go. You all just seem to want a quick fix.

Comment

Reggaedoc, most times I just skip MyYouth's posts. It makes reading too difficult. I try and read some however when I have time. If I am rushing through some posts, I just skip it instead of trying to decipher what is being said.

I think when we formalize patois as a language and we are all taught how to read and write it, then it will be a different thing. I will not tell him to write in standard english though.
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X