No announcement yet.

I'm furious .... why were they

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually, that is the ongle bright spark .... x a comic relief!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

And as a Liverpool supporter I am wary of the X factor that has to do with a certain cloven-hoofed creature and its buccal cavity ... X, yu is a Kop bredrin , but you do have a track record... LOL anyway, I think this is the year all that will change, I feel we getting the last laugh this year. That's a very X-esque statement but we shall see.

I am very sympathetic to Arsenal, my older son is a big fan and am I glad I wasn't home when he watched that game... they are my bandwaggon team and I need them to rise above this early season stumble (fall?)...

I cannot see Arsenal just allowing the team to flounder without calling in reinforcements... when does the transfer window close?
      Peter R

Comment

There will be those twists and turns as is the case in recent EPK seasons.No doubt we have some unfinished business with Pook,and we look forward to it.There are two teams that I am sure will end the season in the top 4(its winner Man U and Chelsea).I will just have to wait 4 months to even have an idea of the remaining two.
        I do fancy Tevez,suh den is really ongle 1 spot left.
        You were saying?

Comment

What I was saying without the benefit of your crystal ball is that Liverpool should do much better than 7th place this year and while that is speculative so far L'pool is some way ahead of last years pace; and second point is that Arsenal should not be written off so quickly... many have them in the third division already!
          Peter R

Comment

btw did your son attand the so fl barca camp?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...yes he did; from a purely football perspective I'm not sure that he benefited greatly... but I think the experience socially was a good one for him. The kids got a chance to dream for a bit and make some new friends...

From a financial point of view I don't think I would spend that kind of money on that camp again... or simply just do it for a week instead of two if we happen to be in Fla at that time. If I lived in the area I would not consider it a bad "investment" but if you were like the parents of a group from Calgary that flew so far, stayed in hotels etc.. you might want to reconsider the cost-benefit of going to Florida. (There was an entire football club (20-odd players) that came from Calgary and speaking to those parents they were disappointed in the experience having traveled so far (much farther than I did from T&T )). There were kids from Puerto Rico, Colombia, Chile to name some of the places people had traveled from to attend the camp.

Since i have three brothers in south Fla it was worth it for me... I didn't put as much of a dent in Paul M's liquor cabinet as I could have but he was a generous host...

Locally, in T&T, a club brings in a couple coaches from ManU every Christmas and i think they do pretty much a similar thing, at a fraction of the cost... so unless as I said I plan to be up there when something like that is on, I'll save my $$$ for something else.

I didn't do any socializing at all other than with the family...
              Peter R

Comment

thanks boss.

Comment

I forgot to tell you that the week he was in the day camp there was a week-long round-robin T20 cricket tournament being played at the cricket stadium right next door (Central Broward Park?) between the "Americas"... USA, Canada, Cayman Is, Bermuda and get this, Surinam and Argentina...didn't know they had teams... there were three matches a day for five days, Thursday was a rest day, it ended Saturday.

Every day I would take in the first match... the calibre was decent especially Canada and USA... Surinam and Argentina were surprisingly competitive but out of their league really. Their fielding was commendable.

We actually went back on the Friday evening to watch the Canada v. USA match. No entrance fee, but attendance was very very sparse but I got a daily fix of cricket, had some good banter with a few of the few attendees...

The ground is actually very good (if you don't know it), the one mistake they made when they designed it was where they have the main pavilion as they have a mobile sight screen in front of it. It, the pavilion, should not have been put in direct line with the pitch. Other than that, it is probably as good as if not better than most grounds in the West Indies.
                  Peter R

Comment

i thought the camp was at brian piccolo park? no?

Comment

Working...
                    X