Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The prem can breathe a little easier now,he is going

'I am close to joining AC Milan' - Liverpool's Alberto Aquilani
    Italy international tells reporters he is edging nearer to completing a move back to Serie a just weeks after claiming he wanted to prove himself in England

Aug 21, 2011 11:29:00 AM
    Comments
    MORE ON : AC Milan, Liverpool, Alberto Aquilani

Getty Images
    Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has said he is close to joining Italian champions AC Milan.

The midfielder was not part of the Reds squad who beat Arsenal 2-0 on Saturday as he is currently on holiday in Tuscany.
    DON'T MISS
    Milan reluctant to spend for Aquilani - reportAgent: AC Milan move possible for Aquilani
    Aquilani: I'd love to make my mark at AnfieldItaly 2-1 Spain: late Aquilani strike wins it
    Milan have still not moved for Aquilani - agent

His future has been up in the air but just last week the Italy international said he had no problem with staying at Anfield. However, he has now admitted that a move to San Siro is on the cards.

"I am close to joining Milan," Aquilani is quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Ahead of the Trofeo Berlusconi against Juventus, Massimiliano Allegri said Milan were still looking for a midfielder.

"If someone arrives then it will be better for us," the Milan coach said.

His side have been linked with Fiorentina's Riccardo Montolivo, but their early bid was rejected and t the Tuscan side claimed they will not be selling Montolivo to any Italian club.

This has given rise to speculation Milan have focused their efforts on getting Aquilani.

However, reports suggest the champions are in no mood to meet Liverpool's €10 million demands and don't want to pay more than €6m.

Last week Aquilani's agent Franco Zavaglia said he hoped to hold further dialogue with CEO Adriano Galliani over a move for his client.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Working...
X