"Quote"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Quote"

Bora starts his sessions with lectures in the classroom of what he wants in training, and according to Downswell and Bender, he "ensures that the players understand what is required of them before moving on. He also highlights the the consequences for being in or out of position in certain areas".

People can come pon ya and talk bout if CB and Downswell get the same support them would do what Rene did. Some people a ask "where is Rene book".

If they use their head and stop fighting every move a TD make the picture would be more clearer for them to see.

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

RE: "Quote"

<P class=StoryText align=justify>
    the new technical director is "very meticulous" and places a premium on "intelligent or smart" playing.
    Bora starts his sessions with lectures in the classroom of what he wants in training, and according to Downswell and Bender, he "ensures that the players understand what is required of them before moving on. He also highlights the the consequences for being in or out of position in certain areas".
    I take it you are suggesting that CB and Wendell were not aware ofthe foregoing? if yes, would that be based on logical thinking?

Let me put it another way - after being on this board for years and hearing the premium put on "intelligent players...who make 'intelligent plays" ...and, the need to be tactically sound i.e. as far as humanly possible play "mistakes free football", you really think CB and Wendell, who have both, i)attended training courses run by professionals and oir experts in the field of coaching, ii) would have observed both as players and coaches the end results of being 'out of position'...and or not being at the right place at the right time - both on attack and defense...and, iii) who have had stints at coaching football teams for 'umpteen' years...were not well acquainted with the concepts andunderstanding as a practical matter Bora'steaching methods?

Come on...please do not make it appear we(?) are fools!

We have all stressed aim of being perfect on attack and defense...and, that suggests well planned actions - "very meticulous preparations" and "ensures that the players understand what is required of them (before moving on =yes...if you "ensure oneunderstands" then anyfollowingaction is moving on)...includingrecognition of "consequences for being in or out of position" - and that mustmean as the game dictates"consequences for being in or out of positionin certain areas at certain times".

Cho man! Wendell and Bender...both were "playing to press."

We are noWendell or Bender andwe all know the above! Don't think we need to put down our coaches to 'big-up' Bora.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>For the most part, I agre with you, Karl. I think they were playing to press and that we should be careful not to bring down our coaches. They are all not idiots!!!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>On the other hand, I do feel good reading about the emphasis on intelligence. I do believe that many time our coaches ignore the cerebral parts of the game and instead reward brute force and athletic ability.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl most of our coaches who come from the NPL believe in the physical aspect of the game first and foremost.

After Rene left we still a look fi plan and book. Why didn't CB and others document it and continue using a similar style? See what was effective and what was not.

You notice the squad Bora pick? It is not the best of the NPL? How have these coaches and the players from 98 contributed back to the youngsters? It is not dumb but it is a lack of planning and sometimes thinking we are too good so we choose not to learn as much as we should.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"On the other hand, I do feel good reading about the emphasis on intelligence. I do believe that many time our coaches ignore the cerebral parts of the game and instead reward brute force and athletic ability."

What can I say? and we love the brucky boo type as well.

Comment

<DIV>Okay, this is a new twist. So the onus is not on the TD any more. The coaches should have documented Simoes' work and created the blueprint for national development. Right?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

New Twist for who? When you go a school how many teacher write notes fi you?.

The fact is too many of our coaches don't believe in the classroom aspect and video part of coaching. We make no proper preparation to pass it on the knowledge to other coaches.

How many teachers we need to be more effective at this? I will say again look at Lennie Taylor in St.Kitts and see the improvement he has made in improving coaches in that Island in only one year. He is neither from Brazil or Mexico.

Comment

...most of our coaches who come from the NPL believe in the physical aspect of the game first and foremost.
                I do not know where you got this! ...and, I would think thatis not true. All the local coaches I know look for a combination of attributes in seeking out talent.

After Rene left we still a look fi plan and book. Why didn't CB and others document it and continue using a similar style? See what was effective and what was not.
                Why didn't Rene? How many coaches write documents on "plan and book"? Would you like to take a guess on the numbers?

You notice the squad Bora pick? It is not the best of the NPL?
                Why would you think it is not the best from Bora's viewpoint? I would think Bora sees these players as his best option!

How have these coaches and the players from 98 contributed back to the youngsters?
                Let's see???

OK! ...for starters, a) they gave us the youngsters Bora has selected, and b) they have 'kept thingsgoing' so we are where we are today...mmmm? - they gave us time, effort and commitment in these post-'98 years? Right?

It is not dumb but it is a lack of planning and sometimes thinking we are too good so we choose not to learn as much as we should.
                Our coaches?

Yes, I would agree that more could have been done to create wholesale improved knowledge/experience and teaching! ...but, that also needs JFF back office support....e.g. arranging continuous national teams matches, working in conjuction with public and private sector groups to makeit attractive for 'good foreign teams' to visit and interact with local football entities...

...the JFF should have been going further to'push' for sponsor-related 'study courses' for coaches, sports medicine personel, referees, administrators and players.

...but, that does not mean we must ignore the obvious knowledge that our locals have and attempt to convey the impression that they are clueless where such basic stuff as 'proper planning/meticulous planning' and 'consequences of being out of position/being tactically irresponsible/' is concerned.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Again who is saying we are clueless?

we however have to understand that their is a wealth of knowledge out there that can make us improve and we have to find a better formula than we are currently using.

We also need to get the former player and senior ones more involved in molding our youngsters. They are simply not doing enough.

Comment

Assasin (2/5/2007)Again who is saying we are clueless?

we however have to understand that their is a wealth of knowledge out there that can make us improve and we have to find a better formula than we are currently using.

We also need to get the former player and senior ones more involved in molding our youngsters. They are simply not doing enough.
                    OK!

...but, why the suggestion that Downswell and Bender did not know about "meticulous preparation" and "understanding of consequences to being out of position"?

Comment

Where was that suggested?

They commented that what they saw is not what they are used to, so it is up to them to document it and use it and teach it.

That make them dumb or bright?

Comment

I remember after our failed attempt to qualify for WC2002 I made a post saying that maybe we need to scout for players who combine talent with intelligence. Wow!! That was taken out of context and twisted to the point where one other poster thought I meant that a player must have a degree to play ball.

Seeetdehnow! Bora is placing an emphasis on ''intelligence or smart'' play. And that's what I was driving at back then.

What's frightening now though, is that Bora indicates that he has seen all our local players and these (players chosen for Hong Kong) are the final selection. I'm sure that he saw nuff display of dribbling skill etc but there was a certain quality he was looking for. I now feel comfortable with his selection but it's disappointing that the underline revelation is that not many of our local players play ''smart'' football.
                        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Assasin (2/5/2007)

They commented that what they saw is not what they are used to, so it is up to them to document it and use it and teach it.
                          They never said it was not what they were used to!

They just made comments on Bora's methods. You jumped to the conclusion that they were not familar with those things.

I am wondering what is it in your being that led you... to make that jump...toassume they did not know?

If I make the comment that John Tom can count to 100...why would you assume that I cannot count to 100?

Comment

If they were used to it why empathize it to the press?

It is not a crime to say we don't do this or this is a totally new method.

They seemed genuinely impressed with what they saw so who am I to discount it?

What are you implying? There is not much to be learned from Bora?

Comment

Sass, you could be right.

After our whipping in England, from both Ghana and then Sven's Men, Jason Euell wrote that a big part of our letdown was the lack of preparation or inferior preparation from the back-room staff.

Our coaching methods, inability to scout oppopnents and study tapes, and our lack of attention to detail has plagued us for a long time. The few years we gave this any premium was during the Rene Simoes era. But after the Prof left we reverted to our old ways of doing things. So often after a game our coaches we say things like ''we knew nothing about the opponent.'' That by itself, is an admission that we had no clue about preparation.
                              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
                              X