Jangle , my thesis is being proved right , you need $50mil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangle , my thesis is being proved right , you need $50mil

A season to compete in the prem , of course wise and prudent spending.Liverpool finally adding depth.Sell to buy will not gaurantee you a top 4 finish or even the prem , Proof that Rafa was a genius in working in decadent conditions.

Tell me we arent contenders !

Liverpool chairman: We'll keep investing to get to where we want to be

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 1:21 PM on 12th August 2011

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner insists owners Fenway Sports Group are working hard to restore the 'lustre' of the club and they are prepared to continue investing in players to achieve that.

The signing of Newcastle left-back Jose Enrique for £6million takes manager Kenny Dalglish's summer spending up to around £50m.

Ambitious: Reds chairman Tom Werner

Add to that FSG's approving the spending of all of the £57m income of January sales Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel on club-record signing Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez and it is apparent the Americans are serious about rebuilding the club.

They performed a similar feat with baseball side Boston Red Sox, winning the World Series soon after taking over.

'I don't think anybody is working harder than we are right now to continue to see if we can recruit talent,' said Werner.

'We are willing to spend pounds to upgrade the team and I think that both clubs, both the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool, are blessed with management that is tireless and smart and I think that is the essential ingredient.

'It's been our goal to try to improve our position on the pitch, and to try to create a environment for players to say they want to play in Liverpool and bring some of the lustre that all the fans know back to the club.'

Principal owner John Henry said last month he expected the Reds to regain their top-four status this season.

Werner has a broader opinion on what FSG want to achieve.

'Our hope is that we can make our fans proud of what we have done,' he added.

Inspiration: Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish on the sidelines

'I don't want to promise so much. I know John has said we're going to be top four, and Kenny says, "well, why can't we win?".

'But we just want to move forward - we want to be better this year than last year and just keep going on the right track.'

As well as investing in players FSG have put their faith in Dalglish, who was given a three-year contract at the end of last season having taken over in January and effected an impressive turnaround.

'I can't think of somebody who embodies the relentlessness and the drive and the attitude of excellence better than Kenny,' said Werner.

'Obviously we knew of him before we met him. I think he is a natural leader.

'I've had the privilege to watch him as he trains the men at Melwood and I just think he's so charismatic and I think he's been able to instil a sense of purpose into the club, and when he says something I think people listen.'

More...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1Up2Uorsa
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

You guys are building a nice mid-table side with a lot of journeymen. So far, Loserfool has not bought one top-class player since this summer. You will struggle to make the top ten.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      You guys are building a nice mid-table side with a lot of journeymen. So far, Loserfool has not bought one top-class player since this summer. You will struggle to make the top ten.
      RING A LING A LING - SCHOOL BELL RING...

Time fi di class dunce fi get a education. Jangle, more than any other post you have made in the years I have been coming to this site, this one expertly sums up that you have no idea what the 'ell you are talking about when talking about our "journey man" player signings. More later.

The point X is making - and that the article makes as well - is that Liverpool's new owners are serious about investing in THE CLUB (including players). The mix is:

1. Right owners
      2. Right manager
      3. Right players
      4. Right strategies
      5. Right tactics

Having all of them are essential, along with that age-old wildcards - luck and funding. In Liverpool's case, one can argue they have #1 and #2. As for #3, the squad is far deeper than any the club has had in years, including the Champions League winning team of '05. #4 and #5 are to be seen; we can't do anything about luck and it sure looks like the Chairman is willing to spend.

So that said, there is a science to Liverpool's approach that is lost on you when you refer to our signings as "journey man" signings. Did you know that new boys Downing, Adam and Henderson were all among the top-eight chance-creators in the Premier League last season?

Write dis down - mi ago tes' you: the average Premier League midfielder creates roughly 1.21 chances per game (your eediat bwoy Anderson is below average by the way, along with Nani and Cleverley). Consider though that the number of chances created on average by our new "journey man" players are:

Adam 2.06
      Downing 2.24
      and Henderson 2.22.

The three of them have also produced over 750 crosses last year with an accuracy rate of more than 24%, slightly ahead of the league average. For example 5 of Adam's 8 assists last season came from crosses, while no Premier League player has made more successful crosses the last three seasons than Downing.

In fact, he may not be a "top-class player" in your esteemed-eedyboo assessment, but since the start of the 2004-05 season, only four players have created more chances in the Prem than Downing—Lampard, Fabregas, Gerrard and two timer Giggs. So on that note, we have two of the 5 best chance creators in the league over the 5 year period.

But chances mean nothing if you can't convert them. While a class dunce like you might think seh dat Carroll, Suarez, Kuyt, Gerrard, Ngog (for now) and probably Pacheco can't deliver statistics show that they can.

Under King Kenny Liverpool scored 35 goals in 18 league games, compared to under Hodgson where we mustered only a paltry 24 in 20. King Kenny's TACTICS of playing more on the counter attack is shown in the fact that we actually averaged more possession under Hodgson but a part of the reason that this approach has been successful is that shooting accuracy has increased substantially under Kenny (rising from from 43.2% to 51.4%.

And we don't have the ball, the premiership's number one tackler - Lucas Lieva - is the man most likely to get it back: he won more tackles than any other player in this campaign (111, followed by David Vaughan with 104 and Scott Parker with 93).

Add to that mix Acquilani, Meireless, Enrique and Johnson and no European football and you have a top 4 finishing team for sure and a definite title contender.

Now go sharpen your pencil and and do your homework, or else mi gwine haffi give you a hat that look like dis "^" and mek you sit one side. School done fi di day, but chat any more nonsense an' you gwine get two a dis:

"H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

See di problem wid unuh Loserfool fanatics posts - too many words. After me read di first 2 lines me start see blah...blah....blah.... If unuh waan holdmy interest unuh kip it short. Unuh Halways haffi go inna some long Hexplanation why unuh gwine win, why Rafa a di greatest.....blah....blah blah.... Bottomline - same S hit different season. Unuh nah come more than 6th. End of Story.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Hold on.... me juss done eat and belch so me read one more paragragh of yuh diatribe. Question? Unuh ever win di Premier League yet? All dem statistics nuh mean nothing if unuh nuh have no trophy fi show. Even the Baby Gummers dem better than unuh to rhathid.

Comment

Jangle, Jangle, Jangle...

Come on man. I was expecting more of an intellectual debate from a man of your self-acclaimed standing than this debasing pedestrian drivel. Surely you can come with a better retort than "blah blah blah"? Or maybe not.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Hold on.... me juss done eat and belch so me read one more paragragh of yuh diatribe. Question? Unuh ever win di Premier League yet? All dem statistics nuh mean nothing if unuh nuh have no trophy fi show. Even the Baby Gummers dem better than unuh to rhathid.
              Eedy boo, you ever win Harbor Sharks yet? You are correct that stats etc. mean nothing if you can't convert them, but that is the POINT Einstein. The team is using a statistical method (similar to what was used managerially in Boston) to increase their chances. This deliberate mindset was not there before. Whether they will prove successful or not is to be seen BUT a 6th place prediction has no foundation in logic, only emotion. An' unu have the cojones to call us hayters. Tsk tsk.

Hol' dis ---->

Comment

Easy wid im nuh man , a man u im come from ,certain tings tek time fi im fi overstand by christmas it will all come out to him

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                  Easy wid im nuh man , a man u im come from ,certain tings tek time fi im fi overstand by christmas it will all come out to him
                  Easy wid im? Dem days done...bear tump down an' beat up fi dem bwoy dis season.

Comment

Well like unnuh always a tell me you and peter.......cool and stop hype up yuhself mek di results speak for demselves.......i think not

People dedd, man u dedd, chelsea deddd, city deddd, deddd deddd,aresnal dedd before dem start a our season dis year, mi naahh sorry fi unnuh.

Comment

Write dis down - mi ago tes' you: the average Premier League midfielder creates roughly 1.21 chances per game (your eediat bwoy Anderson is below average by the way, along with Nani and Cleverley). Consider though that the number of chances created on average by our new "journey man" players are:

Adam 2.06
                      Downing 2.24
                      and Henderson 2.22.

Paul ... yuh taking bull. Who had more assists than Nani last season? Where did Adam's team end up with his c/game? Nani and Anderson have 3 winners medal ... memba dat.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

Adam 2.06
                        Downing 2.24
                        and Henderson 2.22.

Paul ... yuh taking bull. Who had more assists than Nani last season? Where did Adam's team end up with his c/game? Nani and Anderson have 3 winners medal ... memba dat.
                        You are right that Nani had the most assists in the league, but that is a different statistic than the average created in a game, so go check your facts and figures before you start with your "bull". Prove me wrong and I will stand corrected.

Secondly, the point about winners medals is a lateral argument.

I am only trying to show your Vice President that when he makes statements like "journey man" player, he is being far too simplistic and is unaware (or incapable ) of understanding the greater strategy which is to bring in players who can create chances. Again, the three new signings were among the top 8 in the league at creating chances last year and downing is among the top 5 over the past 5 years.

To wit, today's Liverpool goal resulted from an Adam cross and Downing was unlucky to hit the cross bar, so clearly, the new signings are showing their potential to live up to the strategy. We were just ********-poor at converting them...which was my concern as stated in my post.

In my opinion, our failure to win today was with the tactical blunder by KK leaving Flannigan on the field. He turned over the ball more than once, one of which almost resulted in a goal from Gyan's header, and of course, he blew the coverage on sunderland's goal - great strike nonetheless. Just as importantly, Flannigan didn't provide any offensive support or ability.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                          Well like unnuh always a tell me you and peter.......cool and stop hype up yuhself mek di results speak for demselves.......i think not

People dedd, man u dedd, chelsea deddd, city deddd, deddd deddd,aresnal dedd before dem start a our season dis year, mi naahh sorry fi unnuh.
                          Don't worry X - NO MERCY THIS YEAR!!! Our start today was terrific, but the second half showed why we can't expect the team to perform at peak without a more seasoned leader than those among the starters. We need a Patrick Viera.

Comment

Comment

Who is more intelligent - the genius who argues with a fool................ (I'm not calling you a fool)........

Comment

Working...
                              X