Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-year-old Fagundez scores in MLS debut

Fagundez shines for Revs, tallies in first MLS match

Despite his tender age and his lack of experience, New England forward Diego Fagundez said only one thing went through his mind as he stood at the halfway line and prepared to enter his first MLS match.

“The first thing I thought was that I needed to try to help the team score a goal,” Fagundez told MLSsoccer.com after the Revolution's 3-2 loss to Chivas USA on Saturday. “And I did.”

It took the 16-year-old Home Grown player about two minutes to accomplish his objective. Fagundez embarked on a darting run at the edge of the penalty area and tempted Chivas USA defender Heath Pearce — a seasoned defender who has logged plenty of games at the international level and in the European game — to haul him down for a penalty kick.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

be careful, Zeppo. don't force-ripe these youngsters!

just some friendly advice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      be careful, Zeppo. don't force-ripe these youngsters!

just some friendly advice!
      I suggest writing his coach with it.

Anyway, I'd be surprised if they used him in anything beyond small doses over the season.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Video highlights
        - Xavi

Comment

A the next coming????
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X