No announcement yet.

Big blow for young Reggae Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from mi friend tell me them nuh look good a Gray's Inn I know we have problem. How can our under 23 side struggle against a newly promoted team? Shouldn't the under 23 comprise of some of the best in the NPL? That is not saying good for our football.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Your are correct

Originally posted by Shola View Post
      Jamaica2099, lets not shy away from the issue here. This team was no good. I went to the last practice game against highgate fc and everybody in the crowd shared the same sentiment.

I dont want to sound like an overly critical forumite but I struggle to understand why Evan Taylor and Davion Thorpe are still in the national setup at any age level. They are technically lacking and still struggle to pass the ball. And If your lacking in central midfield its plain and simple you are going no where.

Ask the senior team about our central midfield problem.
      I was in Kingston and watched the entire match you did. Out side the first goal I did not think a good side.

Comment

Originally posted by Shola View Post
        I dont want to sound like an overly critical forumite but I struggle to understand why Evan Taylor and Davion Thorpe are still in the national setup at any age level.
        Because we haven't produced good players.

Comment

Suh wait...is wha yuh waan si from dem coach deh inna few months? Transformation? Dis is one long term project...yuh cyaan get weak wen 3 months barely pass

Plus ...Yuh know sintin wrang wen yuh read seh national team ah "fine tune" gainst Highgate an one Manchester pick up side

Joke ting
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Last report I got on Evan Taylor was he wasn't doing much. My brethren watch him in the A league against a Long Island team and told me he was far from impressed.

The problem with Mattocks and many of the college kids is most are in no shape as since spring they haven't play a game and is just about to go to preseason on the August 15th.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Karl, this was one of the few tournaments from which our Boyz emerged without losing a game. You have been in football long enough to know that any team can beat you on the right day. The fact is we did not lose a game and would've ended up been the top point getter had it not been for the Bajan ref who called a dubious and phantom penalty, then blew off the game with about three minutes to go. It is what it is as the saying goes but - aside from the game against Cayman where I suppose they just played to win and not to embarrass CB - we basically had the tournament sewn up until the ref turned the game in the 90th minute!

If there is any shame, it is the inferior pre-tournament games (Seba, Manchester High & High Gate) which were lined up as match preparation prior to leaving the island. We could also question the squad selection as
              one wonders why young players like Marvin Morgan and Andre Steele were not considered while Taylor and Thrope were recruited at the last moment.

Calling the other teams "2nd formers" is the attitude which leads to underestimating the opponents. Suriname's football enjoys a very rich tradition and a solid structure. Losing to them in a tie-breaker (especially that the ref was a Bajie) is no shame. The ref is the one who should feel ashamed for his performance! Our young Boyz can walk away from this as a learning experience and position themselves for the upward mobility into the senior team.
              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Nuff pon the forum think we shouldn't play caribbean teams.

If our youngsters are not given the prepartation, how will they improve??????

I bet you Carl Brown has been working with his Cayman team for at least 2 months.

Comment

U23 to U20 just lack talent dats about it, unless dem yout yah mek a 360 inna dem game wi haffi develope di U17. It funny dough, it seem like dem youth yah nowadays nuh know nutten bout buil an enhance dem skill. An it simple yuhnuh control an pass, movement offah di ball ah di most fundamental ting inna di game an dem lacking dem tings deh. Nuh club nor camp ago ingrain dem tings deh yuh haffi hab drive fi pratice an learn di basic pan yuh own time.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post

Calling the other teams "2nd formers" is the attitude which leads to underestimating the opponents. .
                    That will happen to those who do not know football. They are 2nd formers. Our results show exactly the level of our U-23s.

There is no pride in losing out on advancing from this 2nd form level.

Why we are, where we are, is a whole different ball game?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mattocks' joked out the camp and wanted to do his own thing while on holiday in Jamaica. As a result he got cut.

Comment

nuh mek any excuse fi Mattocks. he has been training and playing ball over the world. nuh watch nutten still. him might still get a big contract a europe.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mi nah mek no excuse fi him. I am disappointed with him because I see some talent, but if him think that alone a go make it, him make a sad mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

I bet you Carl Brown has been working with his Cayman team for at least 2 months.
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Plush I hear yuh sah! Well, we jus nuh good and even though we never did lose to Cayman and StV&G we still nuh good cause we ongle cudda draw wid Suriname!

Mek mi see: Aron Winter, Edgar Davids, Lorenzo Davids, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Jerry and (son) Nigel de Jong, Edson Braafheid, Mark de Vries, Clarence Seedorf among many who turned out for Holland! Wow!

So yuh right, "if we can't beat teams like Suriname......"
                              Last edited by Farmah; August 9, 2011, 07:36 PM.
                              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

One of the problem is we do not prepare!
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X