Fifa U-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifa U-20

Nigeria and Egypt from CAF are showing during these early preliminary rounds. Mali and Cameroon are struggling.

MexTico is the only CONCACAF team with points...so far. Costa Rica and Guatemala have no points. Panama is Panama. As expected Guatemala is a dud. I miss MY US Squad
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Don't believe me...check dis
    Nigeria’s golden duo out for more

(FIFA.com) Tuesday 2 August 2011
    Getty Images

The 5-0 rout of Guatemala by a rampant Nigeria in their opening Group D encounter at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Colombia 2011 was just reward for the African giants, whose stylish and coordinated attacking display delighted fans and experts alike.

On closer analysis, credit for the Nigerians’ footballing master class must go first and foremost to strike duo Ahmed Musa and Edafe Egbedi, whose tactical awareness and skill paved the way for the win.

It took just eight minutes for the pair to combine for the first goal. Musa evaded Jose Andrade on the left and played an inch-perfect cross from the by-line to find Egbedi, who fired home from ten yards.

Nigeria’s second came in the 39th minute, with the two players once again at the centre of the action. This time Musa’s low cross from the other side curled right across the box into the path of Egbedi, who side-footed home with his left from no more than five yards.

Speaking to FIFA.com after the match, Ahmed Musa attributed the special understanding he has with his strike partner to a long history of playing together. “We’ve played alongside each other for quite a while,” said the 18 year-old. “Then during the qualifiers, Egbedi was able to learn even more about how I play and the understanding between us has just got better.”

Egbedi describes his partner as “his brother”, proof of the strong bond that unites the pair on and off the field. “Before the last game he encouraged me,” said Egbedi. “He said that if I played to the best of my ability I could well score, and he was right! He set me up twice and I got the goals.”

HL

Comment

TV coverage?
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Very good question.

ESPN carried the England v. Argentina game the other night.

I tried searching around different channels for other games with no success.

Most likely though--galavision, Telefutura and UNIVISION and others should be showing some of these games.

Hope this link helps:
        http://www.livesoccertv.com/competit...-20-world-cup/
        Last edited by HL; August 3, 2011, 12:37 PM.

HL

Comment

I'll check the Spanish stations lata to see if there will be TV coverage.

I see the matches will be shown live online on espn3
          http://espn.go.com/espn3/index
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Heh heh! If Guatemala a do suh bad, and dem beat di USA fi qualify...yuh lucky!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...and (lowly) Nigeria kick dem butttt 5-lub

HL

Comment

Working...
              X