• U.S. women's national soccer team is missing the color of

BY BRUCE DIAMOND
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Originally Published:Saturday, July 30th 2011, 6:31 PM
    Updated: Sunday, July 31st 2011, 2:51 AM

Mariela Lombard for News
    Briana Scurry

RELATED NEWS

Briana Scurry made her name in the nets, providing a resolute barrier to intrusion during an illustrious 14-year career with the U.S. women's soccer national team. The goalkeeper may have appeared right at home once she got there, but she took a somewhat unconventional route.
    Although she'd excelled at the sport from an early age and garnered All-American status as a high school standout in Dayton, Minn., her tiny hometown, Scurry says it was only a personal connection between her club soccer coach and Jim Rudy, the former University of Massachusetts coach, that got her the look she needed to land a scholarship.
    "I completely came in the back window because the front doors were closed to me," says Scurry, 39, who started in goal for the U.S. national team in two Olympics and three World Cups, and played professionally until her retirement last year.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...#ixzz1TlplgMmA
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

America dont know bout not even brown (wo)man time?
    Peter R

Comment

The first time I saw this team I noticed the lack of diversity. Most of the girls who play the sport live in the suburbs, and more effort is needed to promote the game in the innercity.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Boss innercity is playing they are just locked out. This is not for females alone. The US doesn't want to be dominant in the sport because the talent is right here on the land.

Comment

I agree jawge innercity is playing.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yup, let's see what Klinsman gonna do.

Comment

Working...
            X