Why The "Elll Do I Bother? Daniel Gordon Still Not Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why The "Elll Do I Bother? Daniel Gordon Still Not Playing

Daniel Gordon was not in the lineup as FSV Hamburg beat fifth-division team Kickers Emden 5-1 in overtime (yes thats right, 5-1 in overtime) in a first round German FA Cup match. Gordon has not played in FSV's two Bundesliga 2 matches either.

Yesterday's bizarre ending started normally. Frankfurt opened the scoring in the 37th minute on a direct free kick. Emden scored early in the second half on a questionable penalty. The player with the ball tried to go through a crowd of players, but tripped over his own teammate.

Emden completely ran out of gas in the overtime, as Frankfurt scored four times, at 93, 111, 112, and 119 minutes.

Maybe he is injured or have a slight knock.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

He needs games! Has to remain sharp just in case Tappa gives him a call.

Bruce, do you know if Daniel Gordon has made contact with the JFF or vice-versa? Better yet, do we know which team DG might be interested in representing (England, Germany or Jamaica)?
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

DG, In My Opinion....

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
        He needs games! Has to remain sharp just in case Tappa gives him a call.

Bruce, do you know if Daniel Gordon has made contact with the JFF or vice-versa? Better yet, do we know which team DG might be interested in representing (England, Germany or Jamaica)?
        Nobody from JFF ever returned my e-mails.

FSV Frankfurt's website said all team members are healthy, except one, not Gordon, who has a long-term injury. Gordon started and played 67 minutes in a friendly match against Mainz of Bundesliga 1.

Just before the Gold Cup, either the GLEANER or the OBSERVER mentioned some possibilities for the Reggae Boyz. One of them mentioned Gordon, who was said to be (but not quoted as) excited at the prospect of playing for Jamaica, but he could not commit for the summer because he was a free agent after his contract with Rotweiss Oberhausen expired. A few days later, he signed with FSV Frankfurt. His transfer market value this year is 700,000 euros, up from 600,000 euros last year., according to transfermarkt.de

FSV Frankfurt's total market value is 12.1 million euros which is mid-range for Bundesliga 2. Eintracht Frankfurt, relegated from Bundeslia 1, is high at 42.2 million. Eintracht Braunschwieg, promoted from the third division, is low at 7.9 million. Three clubs are worth more than 20 million, two are less than 10 million, and the rest are between 10 and 18 million.

In my opinion, Gordon will not play for England or for Germany as long as he plays for a second-division club. He will have to be a star for a Bundesliga 1 or an EPL club before he will be considered. If he wants a chance to play in a World Cup, Jamaica is his best bet.

Comment

Another Gordon?

NE Stars sign Jamaican keeper
          Story Created: Jul 31, 2011 at 12:50 AM ECT
          Story Updated: Jul 31, 2011 at 12:50 AM ECT
          DIRECTV North East Stars revealed their goalkeeping secret this week with the signing of 31-year-old Jamaican goalkeeper Leon Gordon for the 2011-2012 season.
          The former Tivoli Gardens of Jamaica keeper has filled the vacant spot left by Michael Woods, who wasn't retained by the Sangre Grande club this season.
          North East Stars coach Shurland David also revealed 20-year-old Aaron Ali is joining the goalkeeping department along with Gordon and last season's second choice Andre Durant of Guyana.
          "Last season we were weak in certain areas and goalkeeping was one of them," explained David. "And this season we are trying to improve on these areas and getting in touch with Leon was a great deal for us. He is very commanding and has good foot work. He is strong as a shot blocker and good against crosses as well. It's the sort of presence that we would need at the back to be safe. Sometimes when a player defeats our defence, you'd say its sure goal but with Leon…it's 50/50."
          Of the move, Gordon said: "I'm about giving my all, all the time.
          "I feel great (at North East Stars) because it's always a move that I wanted to make playing outside of Jamaica. I'm just expecting football. It's the same all around the world. I've known a bit about Trinidad football for a while playing against clubs in the Caribbean Club Championship," added the former Jamaica national Under-17, U-20 and U-23 goalkeeper.
          Ali, formerly of Biche United, said he is focused on being at his best and competing against Gordon and Durant for the first choice goalkeeping spot at North East Stars.
          He welcomed the opportunity as a new step in his career as he looks towards the Trinidad and Tobago senior team.
          Ali was the only player selected out of pre-season trials and David rated the 20-year-old as one for the future.
          "He is a good guy," said the Stars' coach. "He has a good work ethic, he is young and we can base the future around him."

Comment

Re:
            In my opinion, Gordon will not play for England or for Germany as long as he plays for a second-division club. He will have to be a star for a Bundesliga 1 or an EPL club before he will be considered. If he wants a chance to play in a World Cup, Jamaica is his best bet.
            Bruce, it has to be a case of "what can he do for the Reggaeboyz!" If he will not consider the Reggaeboyz while playing for a premier league or bundesliga team, then he shouldn't consider them while playing for a lower team.

That said, I hope he is in good health, is playing at the top of his game and can contribute positively to the Reggaeboyz if called.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Let me rephrase what I wrote:

Germany and England will not call David Gordon while he plays for a second-division team.

The Jamaican newspaper article stated that Gordon was "said to be" excited at the thought of playing international football for Jamaica, but as a free agent, he could not commit until he got his club situation sorted out.

He signed a two-year contract with FSV Frankfurt a few days later.

Comment

Working...
              X