Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klinsmann named as U.S. coach

Klinsmann Named Head Coach of U.S. Men's National Team
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

them never even waited a day. to rhatid
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'm not too excited about giving up Bradley for Klinsman. Bradley has a solid record and will be hired soon by a needy club or nation. Time will tell if this Klinsman-for-Bradley experiment was a bad decision!
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

i think it is a GREAT decision for the US!!

what is obvious to me is that it is NOT so much about Bradley's performance as it is about getting Klinnsman!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

but aside from Klinsman's brief tenure as Germany's head coach at the '06 WC, what else do we have to grade him by? I think the USA is going on a whim and a prayer!

let's hope it works and I hope Michael Bradley sees this as just a coaching change and not as an affront to his dad's dignity.
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

brief yet successful and revolutionary ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Michael is a player..... i hope he would not think of his dad as a life long coach....

Comment

Farmah....Klinsmann's suitcase better stay pack... and i'm car tank better fulla regular unleaded............

As for Michael Bradley, he will be a starter in the mid field. The Boy is that good!!

"That's all I have to say about that".

--Forrest Gump
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Bradley was no good. He had players good tactically. He never made the US TEAM - better! In my sight he did not even cause it to march in place, he made it worse!

I am expecting Klinsmann to create from this current list of journeymen excellent TEAM...and to within 2 years start introducing the US real players - that is, new players from those in the group with excellent technical skills who were never given a chance.

CONCACAF will benefit.

...and it shall require all the other national teams to put up socks..but particularly those below Mexico's standards.

Our Jamaica teams seem to be moving in the right direction...but this just means, if the message to the JFF and others that we need to 'fast forward' on improving quality of TEAM never got through before...then the coming of JĂĽrgen Klinsmann to the US screams it in their ears.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

For the USA's sake I hope this move works. It will be interesting to see how Klinsman get Uncle Sam's army to galvanize. What Klinsman might have in his favour is the fact that both Germany and the USA play an orthodox game.

Comment

King Karl...Tappa is a better coach than Bradley...... .......

HL

Comment

Spot on Karl,by George you got it! I was biting my nails hoping it would be Klninsy but there it is. Why? Well seeing that Tappa retooled the Rboyz, the team needed a little more tweaking to take out the Bradley circus and Mexico.

Now that Klinsy is in the equation, the Rboyz will have to dig very much deeper. Rboyz will now have to put technically sound people in the back more skilled midfielder and strikers who are clinical and can score on half chances.

Klinsy was a gifted and very skillful player hence he knows talent. Klinsy was also the architect for the german killing machine we saw in 2010 (to this day I'm baffled as to how Spain beat that team).

Look for HL to walk this site with a big chest and bullying people .

Yes the US team will change. Change to a fast and ruthless team. It will be strong but technical, fast as the Rboyz and clincal in fornt of the goal. Yes the middle will have skillful players.

This will be good for the region.

The message: Raise your game or else!

Comment

Yes.

Comment

King Jawge, a few years ago, I have had anger management training for bullying people.

Ye don't notice that I am now kinder and gentler....?

[Gamma tries to punch above his weight-limit...an' you notice I allow him to get away with it......................... ] The training has worked!!!!

I am no longer a bully.

So Tappa better dan ...Bradley eh?

Gawd blesss mid dayz bwoy. (Take a deep breath HL...breath...breath...breath...).
                            Last edited by HL; July 29, 2011, 03:03 PM.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              brief yet successful and revolutionary ...
                              Taught his understudy who went on to be quite a coach.

...and he had a 7 game stint at a club after he left the national team and won 5 of 7 matches and then left in a huff...as he clashed with the administrators.

I think we should remember he was approached by the US before and declined as the administrators wanted too much hands on.

...if we consider that it was rumoured that was why he left the German national team, rumoured as why he left his Premier team...then there may be a danger if the administrator Gulati who knows zilch about football tries to interfere. That is the danger on why this could be another short term romance.
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X