Bob Bradley Has Been Fired !!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Bradley Has Been Fired !!!!!!!!!

U.S. Soccer said Thursday it has fired men's national team coach Bob Bradley, a month after the Americans lost the Gold Cup final to Mexico.
    The move also comes less than a year after Bradley signed a four-year extension shortly after the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, where the team finished atop its group but exited the tournament in the second round.
    "We want to thank Bob Bradley for his service and dedication to U.S. Soccer during the past five years," U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati said in a statement released Thursday. "During his time as the head coach of our men's national team he led the team to a number of accomplishments, but we felt now was the right time for us to make a change. It is always hard to make these decisions, especially when it involves someone we respect as much as Bob. We wish him the best in his future endeavors."
    Gulati's announcement came after he met with Bradley and U.S. Soccer CEO Dan Flynn in Carson, California, according to the statement.
    Bradley compiled a 43-25-12 record as the team's head coach since taking the position in January 2007.
    U.S. Soccer said it would make another announcement Friday. The squad's next match is against Mexico on August 10 in Philadelphia.

HL what says you?

Comment

something about suitcase pack and a tank fulla gas...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Lie. Mosiah told him to jump inot the sea.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

thanks HL..

Anyway..."every coach suit case better (stay) pack...and i'm car tank fulla (regular unleaded) gas".

I had a feeling that this would happen.

Freddy Adu starting shows how depleated the squad was....

That's all I have to say about that.

--Forrest Gump
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Looks like the US will have to COMPLETELY rebuild the mens squad.

Comment

Somebody else actually want the job now? Them never want to renew his contract but nobody wanted the job then.

Walk good Bradley you tenure was a good one.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"Freddy Adu starting shows how depleated the squad was" explain this, if you can

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Let me explain it fi HL. Adu as an elder statesman, approaching the twilight of his playing career, should not be starting over younger guys. You know things bad when yuh haffi draw fi tyad legs Adu.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Thankx combread Jangle.

But the elder Freddy Adu (age 22 or 23) was not used during the preliminary stages of the Gold Cup. Not even as a sub.

The
                    If I am not mistaken he was called upon after Jose Altidore got injured.

Steve Cherundolo's injury , Donavan's et al travels --also made way for Freddy's ascension up the pecking order...

A sure sign that the squad was depleted.

Last: Freddy has not impacted the foreign teams he has played with. He is still a good player...and featured well after he came on as a substitute. In fact he set up an nice goal....

Much as I like Freddy...seems to me the the Peter Principle MAY be in effect.
                    Last edited by HL; July 28, 2011, 05:59 PM.

HL

Comment

...yuh spel depleted rang......

HL

Comment

lol

Comment

"depleated" is correct... the team was very FLAT... LOL
                          Peter R

Comment

that's the beauty of a verbatim quote .....

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                              Looks like the US will have to COMPLETELY rebuild the mens squad.
                              Why? Any new coach will inevitably change some players for others. But I certainly don't see a 'complete rebuilding' in the cards.
                              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                              - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                              X