X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escaping gangster culture to live the dream

By in Copenhagen
    Wednesday July 27 2011
    IT sounds like an ambitious script. A Jamaican leaves home to escape a life of violence, becomes the first member of his family to get a college education, and ends up in Ireland pursuing a career in football.

More: http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...m-2831837.html
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=325797&cc=3888

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

"I was the No 1 goalkeeper for the youth system, but when I went to the college, the media turned their back on me and the football federation as well," he sighs.
      "A lot of people didn't want me to go to college. I was expected to go and play at a higher level. I chose school to have security, to be the first of my family to graduate. But they (the federation) wanted me to stay in Jamaica and then, when the door opened, move to Europe."
      Ryan Thompson.

Wow! He's gonna make some people mad.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

"I was the No 1 goalkeeper for the youth system, but when I went to the college, the media turned their back on me and the football federation as well," he sighs. ( we should not let this happen to another kid)

Comment

they were asking him to give up sure fi unsure! the football graveyard is littered with those who waited, and waited and waited... the yute had to do what he thought was best. i am HAPPY to see it working out for him.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah. Good yout. He decided that he wanted to go pro. He could have gotten "fat" after college but didn't.

Well after all Goal Keeping might be our strong point with 4 Professional goalies and young Blake in a good program at UCONN.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X