Miami FC resigns 6 players including Sean Fraser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami FC resigns 6 players including Sean Fraser

MIAMI, January 24, 2007 - Miami FC, the only professional soccer team in Florida, announced today that it has re-signed 6 players from last season, among them Zinho and Sean Fraser. The others are: Stephane Guillaume, John Paul "JP" Rodrigues, John Pulido and Walter Ramirez. For more information about these and other Miami FC players, please visit: http://www.miamifc.com/team/players.

<P AQrj1="0" PDp0l="0">Other major signings will be announced before the beginning of the pre-season, on March 1st. The roster will be completed with players chosen at the tryouts that start next week at Tropical Park. The registrations are closed and there are more than 200 confirmed participants.

<P AQrj1="0" PDp0l="0">"We are extremely happy to bring back some of the core talent from our inaugural season, as we look forward to the 2007 season and beyond. At the same time, we know the talent level in our region is outstanding and we are confident that our upcoming tryouts will fulfill our expectations and once again contribute to the discovery of new players", said Luiz Muzzi, General Manager for Miami FC.

Before reuniting with his Miami FC fellow players for the 2007 USL season, Sean Fraser, who had an outstanding 2006 season with the club, will play his first game tonight at the First Division championship in Rio de Janeiro. The first game of the 23-year-old Jamaican, playing for Boavista, second division champion last year, will be against Americano, in the city of Saquarema, on the coast of Rio de Janeiro.

On February 4th, Sean Fraser will have the opportunity to return to the legendary Maracan?stadium where he first played at the young age of 15, in a friendly game against Vasco da Gama. At this time, the opponent will be the popular Flamengo.

Another player who was very successful last year playing for Miami FC and is attracting much attention overseas is Diego Walsh. The Brazilian has been driving Adelaide United fans crazy, with beautiful plays and dedication to the club which acquired his rights at the end of 2006.

Adelaide United finished the regular season of the Australian championship second only to Melbourne. The playoffs start next Sunday and Diego will be a starter. The athlete, who was born in Santos, state of S?Paulo, Brazil, scored 5 goals last season for Miami FC, playing alongside Rom?o and Zinho.

"It is a pleasure for me and for our organization to see our players performing at such high levels in different parts of the world. We work day in and out to give players such opportunities and I am sure more success stories are just around the corner", concluded Luiz Muzzi.

• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...

The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

RE: Miami FC resigns 6 players including Sean Fraser

Hortikal! I know you worship the very ground I walk but please a beg yu.....next time I post sometin' nuh bodda follow up days later and post de same sometin'....thanks. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

RE: Miami FC resigns 6 players including Sean Fraser

Oops my bad..:notlist:
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
      X