Now Cummings woulda fit in at Villa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Cummings woulda fit in at Villa

with Ashley Young gone and it seems like Downing also going to leave.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Why even talk about it? He would not qualify for a work permit anyway because of Jamaica's ranking over the past couple years.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Jamaican ranking would qualify him now. He bearly missed it in January and since then our ranking has improved a whole lot. I doubt he would have a problem qualifying for a work permit now.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Have you calculated it? It is not just the current ranking, but the average ranking over the past two years. We would have to have an average rank no higher (numerically) than 70 I believe to qualify.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I haven't done it but we were ranked an average of 73 based on the Villa document then. Since then we have dropped to the 50s and I am looking for the ranking to be even better this month based on the Gold Cup performance.

Comment

OK Sass. I checked it out and we will need a substantial movement by at least 25 places to achieve an average of 70 over the past two years. That means, when June ranking comes out, we need to be ranked at 30 in the world!

I think we will see movement, but I hardly see us getting there.

Here is a screenshot of a spreadsheet I used to calculate the average based on rankings over the 24 months with data taken from FIFA site. The numbers don't lie as gut feel does.
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks Tilla. We may get before September -).

Good work.

Comment

Thanks. I will keep tracking over the next months.

Comment

Working...
                X