• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-17: Interesting post by D'G

D'G
    Off topic: Ja U17 Football....
    Tue Jun 21, 2011 20:42

somebody need to deport them quickly from Mexico.

France totally made it be known that Argentina is a very weak and poorly organised team. Jamaica has now made Argentina look like a BIG side.

Our local youth football coaches have failed the youth program badly. They have made boys who cannot think on the field, their annalytical ability to asses problems while on the ball is embarrasing. Their decision making is a JOKE. Team play is very much non existent as the brucky boo symdrom is uncurable.

Ahhhh boy.

Source: Willi's Caribbean T&F site --

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussi...tle=Caribbean%
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Damn for Willi's site the idea that Education has something

to do with the product we put on the field. Damn?

Imagine that improve the teaching at the secondary and lower school levels...not scrap D'Cup and Manning as some here claim - Improve the teaching!

What a novel idea - Improve the quality of teaching and the enviroment in which the kids learn. Damn?

...not destroy the system but improve it to produce better students...thus among other things improving the quality students that enter institutions
    of higher learning and the workplace (i.e. academies, professional clubs and national teams) - what a novel idea....

-----

purplefan
    D'G this brainlessness must be blame
    Tue Jun 21, 2011 21:19

on our education system...which is doesn't encourage our football to reason at any level......this is directly related to the removal of mental ability in our primary school level curriculume....it makes no sense if the students touch a bag of things...if the can't reason.

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussi...tle=Caribbean%
    Last edited by Karl; June 23, 2011, 08:31 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Macky - Technical training is one thing but the kids don't

MACKY_
      Technical training is one thing but the kids don't
      Wed Jun 22, 2011 07:40

understand the basic principles of the game.
      They are too slow to make decisions resulting in missed opportunities to make the correct passes. They lack tactical awareness resulting in out of position players, and gambling in dangerous parts of the field. (There is a time for a pass and a time for a 'bruk'!)

The academy (if the right coaches are tasked) should address that problem. BUT, if we are going to start with 15 year olds with ingrained bad habits, it won't help. 8 & 9 year olds have to be included in that experiment. Gotta get em early.

Holness is the best all-round player. Alvas Powell is a good athlete but needs to learn the game. Cordell Benbow can be very good. 'LA' Lewis need fi LEGGO DI MAN DEM BALL!!!

If you get a chance to see the France vs Japan replay, watch how a team with lesser talent, kept it simple an BOX BALL ROUN DI GREAT FRANCE TEAM! They are extremely well coached and these kids UNDERSTAND the game. Like a bredrin said, Football is a numbers game...think about it! (i know purplefan agrees with that!) ;-)

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussi...0Field%20Forum

Comment

The deport them part is unfortunate...
        Argentina was hindered by late arrival,and poor travel arrangement,Argentina is invariable a better team in their second match....
        So far we have 3-1 goal ratio in a tough group,one really should wait for the final game before commenting about the team's defining characteristics.

Comment

Japan is the lesser team?!? Why?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...but you cannot argue with the observation that on comparison our passing and movement was horrible.

Comment

And I did not,my guess is at the end of this round our boyz will be the realistic indicator of the other teams worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                And I did not,my guess is at the end of this round our boyz will be the realistic indicator of the other teams worth.
                The truth is at 18 and younger (generally speaking = 99.999+% of the players) the technical levels are just about the same...it is the understanding of the game that creates these gulfs.

Our players have nothing more to show - unless the 'teachers (Downswell and his staff) can get the youngsters to ape Japan (never saw the French U-17 play...but Japan is miles above the Argentina..with Jamaica miles below Argentina on understanding of the game - what they should be doing on the field/how the game is played).

At this level it all comes down to 'early education' and once in the squad preparation & teaching.

The talent is there to have been winners of the CONCACAF competiton n Montego Bay, Jamacia and it is the 2 matches I saw.

My eyes tell me (Forget Tilla suggesting I need to have them checked ) our talent pool for those matches is better than that put on show by the Japanese and the Argentinians. With the understand of the game (the concepts) the Japanese displayed we would be dropping 5 and more goals on them.

Comment

Working...
                X