JA Played Gallery Ball, ARG played Perfect 1-2-3-4 Bal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JA Played Gallery Ball, ARG played Perfect 1-2-3-4 Bal

Did you notice Jamaica players dribbled too much and played gallery ball while Argentina played perfect 1-2-3-4 ball.

1. Recieve pass.

2. Settle ball.

3. Pass to teammate

4. Move to open space for return pass.

We played anti-TEAM!

...that your description of Argentina's work is, TEAM!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl! For the first time I'm not disagreeing with you since I only saw about 25 minutes of the match when I flipped the channel.

But from what I saw my Jamaican Young Reggaee Boyz were matching slightly ahead of Argentina in the skills and passing department. Even after the first goal. Then I got sick to the stomach when the referee suddenly started calling the game in Argentina's favour even when they made the same bad tackles against my Jamaica's Young Boyz.

It seems with Argentina losing the first match. Someone did not want to see one of the World Cup "favourites" exit the first round at the expense of a "smaller" nation.

I'm sorry but that's what I saw. And maybe that's what the Young Boyz saw too.

But the good news is and I'm sure you will agree. With this match of Young Boyz being kept together. We will see them in 2 years at the U-20 World Cup followed by the senior Reggae Boyz at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Comment

Talent abounds, boss!

There is a story in the Bible that says something about 'what is done with given talent(s)'. Whether or not we go to the World Cup and the FIFA Age Group Championships depends...as it has done with use of past talent(s)...on what we do with the talent(s).

In the past, we buried our talent(s). Ooooh yes, 1 or 2 somehow slipped out - e.g. 'Bibi' Gardner and to a lesser extent "Willie Boo" Fuller...but in the past most of our talents we bury.

There is now the new fad of 'nonsense' talk on ignoring our vast pool of talents in our secondary schools. D'Cup and Manning Cup some bray must be scapped. Others, they play no part in development of talent. Still others it must only be a source of discovering talent - forget about investing in educating all on about the game and the way it should be played.

Well our secondary high system is where our kids go to be introduced to various subjects. 'The Football' is just one.

Sure we expect graduations with certain level of competence after years of our kids being taught in say, Math and Sciences? ...but the 'nonsense talkers' claim not football.

...but is it not the sensible thing to do to invest in 'early childhood' and 'secondary' education? ...raise the standards of teaching and thus the level of competence of the 'graduates'?

...and then because of limitations on institutions of higher learning hopefully all other things being equal 'the best of the best' move on to those higher institutions?

...well if these our U-17 and our current REGGAE BOYZ represent our best of the best what then must we do to enable them to march to TOP OF THE WORLD status...to take what could be termed 'rightful place' at say 'The Big Dance'?

Yup! ...it is all about what we do with our talent(s).
        FORWARD!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Talent abounds, boss!

There is a story in the Bible that says something about 'what is done with given talent(s)'. Whether or not we go to the World Cup and the FIFA Age Group Championships depends...as it has done with use of past talent(s)...on what we do with the talent(s).

In the past, we buried our talent(s). Ooooh yes, 1 or 2 somehow slipped out - e.g. 'Bibi' Gardner and to a lesser extent "Willie Boo" Fuller...but in the past most of our talents we bury.

There is now the new fad of 'nonsense' talk on ignoring our vast pool of talents in our secondary schools. D'Cup and Manning Cup some bray must be scapped. Others, they play no part in development of talent. Still others it must only be a source of discovering talent - forget about investing in educating all on about the game and the way it should be played.

Well our secondary high system is where our kids go to be introduced to various subjects. 'The Football' is just one.

Sure we expect graduations with certain level of competence after years of our kids being taught in say, Math and Sciences? ...but the 'nonsense talkers' claim not football.

...but is it not the sensible thing to do to invest in 'early childhood' and 'secondary' education? ...raise the standards of teaching and thus the level of competence of the 'graduates'?

...and then because of limitations on institutions of higher learning hopefully all other things being equal 'the best of the best' move on to those higher institutions?

...well if these our U-17 and our current REGGAE BOYZ represent our best of the best what then must we do to enable them to march to TOP OF THE WORLD status...to take what could be termed 'rightful place' at say 'The Big Dance'?

Yup! ...it is all about what we do with our talent(s).
          FORWARD!
          Hear! Hear!

Comment

Working...
          X