Unlucky U17 boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlucky U17 boys

We could have beaten Argentina today but for naivety and bad coaching.

Jason Wright stayed on he field way too long and if he was still there we would not have scored.

I have been saying that he is too slow and clumsy to be effective against really good defenders- speed caused the goal, as the player chased it down and got in the cross for the volley.

Seems we sacrificed some defensive integrity by pushing Alvas powell into the holding midfield position as Omar Holness while he had some good shots at goal, did not hold up the ball long enough in the midfield.

Did not see the game against Japan but those who did say if we playd like that on Saturday we would have won.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

If the youths knew how to break down a team they would have won this one. Downswell get the youth them fit but he has no imagination whatsoever.

He needs to be a fitness coach. I have never seen his teams use any form of real attack going forward.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And the substitutions are predictable as hell...
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Holness made a number of very silly plays...he took long shots when he had teammates clean on the edge of the area in beautiful diagonal ball receipt position.

He certainly was not a TEAM player today....but that goes for the entire TEAM...just look how simple the goal was...how beautiful is sharing the ball...TEAMplay...and how effective!

Yup the talent was on the field...but no TEAM!

Jason Wright was not the problem...it was a lack of TEAM that was the problem...both the Japanese in the game before and now the Argentinians showed us how effect sharing of the ball can be...

Have we seen and learnt anything?

Will our next game/final game have us playing TEAM! Making quick passes...running to meet underhit passes...moving and passing, passing and moving...running into space and coming back into compactness on defense...

...all for one...and one for all!

...by the way we threw away a goal before Argentina scored its second...

One man broke in the area...had the ball near the 6, I seem to remember, the Goalkeeper and other defender (or was it defenders?) were drawn to his side of the goal - two of his TEAMmates before what would be empty goal if the simple TEAM rolling of the ball across was...

Was that done? ...no!

...shot was taken straight into the 'crowd' before him...no TEAM/playing with better placed TEAMmates - would have been 'blowing on ball into goal' score...Ooooh well???!
        Last edited by Karl; June 21, 2011, 10:03 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You have been saying for quite some time that Walker should play over Wright. You are beyond correct. Wright is not even close to Walker. No way should he start over him

Comment

Ohh! Come on you guys!
            Even Stevie Wonder saw that we were being robbed by the ref. No way the Young Boyz were going to win the match.

Comment

You are correct. We disagree...and that is OK!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Do you think...if you think ...you are a player and calls are going against you....that it is your job to perform in a manner where the number of calls become limited?

Well when I 'coached' I certainly passed on to my players that whatever the conditions or circumstance I expected and they surely should use "the uncommon commonsense" always.

To speak directly to "so-called calls going against"...it is the player's (players') job to recognise same and adjust to less passes where those calls can be made. It is their job to start making as many passes as possible "where GOD only and the ball is on the TEAMmate" (TEAMmate = the intended recipient of the pass).

It is simple really, make your passes early. It comes back to playing good football - pass and move, move and pass. These our young Reggae Boyz too often did not do that.

Argentina appeared to be the ones more engaged in making the early passes and whose players kept finding space/kept moving into space (God only by side when ball was received). Their passes were early and more accurate. They continually looked for the open man...they played TEAM.
                Last edited by Karl; June 22, 2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

i think there is more than enough evidence to show that he has done as much as he can, and we ought to thank him for it. we need someone to take us to the next level. and while it may end up spreading him thin. tappa should perhaps be more involved with the u17/u20's as this is where he is going to have to draw from

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X