No announcement yet.

A great time for Jamaica to rebuild!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great time for Jamaica to rebuild!!!

We had a very good showing in the group stage but not a great tournament, because we got eliminated by a team that is not superior or playing well! I truly believe that the time is right for us to move forward by making over the team. We should drop all the players on the team for years without making any significant contribution and all those who take the opportunity to represent us for granted. Players who should not be recalled to the national program are Fuller, Claude Davis, Damian Powell, Bigga(forgot his name), Goodison, Marshall. Those who should be dropped are Austin, Edwards, Ricketts, and if Shelton is retained he should only be used as a sub. I am sure there are more players who we should just leave alone but I can't remember names right now, but you all get the idea!! The JFF should do their home work and call the following players to the senior team Jermaine Pennant - Jamaican father, never played for England senior team, 28 y-o and this maybe his last chance to play in a World Cup, Show some balls and call Daniel Sturridge who at 21 is still yet to represent any international senior team! Other players who are ready to buss out and we need to call them now and see what they bring to the table are: Darren Mattocks who seem to be a born goalscorer as he's done it everywhere he's been including national champs Akron University, Shamar Shelton and Andre Sharpe both midfielders and play in Div.1 for Univ. of Cincinatti, Ashani Fairclough (D/MF), Christopher Waugh (F) and Ricardo Webb (MF) all three plays for Univ of South Florida, Kemal Malcolm (F) and Nickolai Holness (M) both from Univ. of Tampa! All these players are young and in great institutions and getting top class coaching...they must have something to contribute but we are not tapping into such a vast and valuable resource of talent. Last but not least, O'Brien White! We have the weapons to cause some damage in Concacaf and get to Brazil in 2014 and continue the damage, but we must first get them on the team! Come on JFF the ball is at your feet so run wid it and make something happen!

Smacks of a panic attack.... not warranted atall... the re-building is already well underway

Try some new faces yes if talent & COMMITMENT is there.... but those wholesale changes are unnecessary and may even set the team back ...

this team needs a stiletto... not an axe
    Last edited by Don1; June 20, 2011, 10:19 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

out of the list of not recall, I would say keep Fuller.
      Not sure if Penant is good for us as dispite the lost the players have a certain chemistry that need to be build on on and off the field. For example two rum head in camp can spoil everything.

I agree that Mattocks should be watch over the next few months with intention of calling him. Bwoy Tappa need fi get Obrien White to a "Madda woman" fast cause what a youth salt? Everytime he is about to make his mark it is something else. This latest blood cloth may have set him back a year or two.

yes we need to rotate in a few players but remember not all the players were in the Gold Cup squad. Troy Smith, the youth from Columbus Crew was injured and we still have Lovell, Daniel Gordon couldn't make it, or the winger from Scotland. Also look for more progression from some of the MLS rookies in the next few months as the season get in top flight.

We are in a good spot, just to build on and rotate in a few players.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Daniel Gordon's ankle injury is not serious, according to FSV Frankfurt's website. He will miss one week of training. Gordon was hurt duing a scrimmage with a local amateur team.

Comment

Right, dat mi seh to buil wi need fi buil pan it, not mek wholesale changes

Comment

Bredrin this has nothing to do with being panic! WCQ is just over a year away and we haven't even looked at young players with obvious quality, while wasting everyone's time by continuously including players who will not improve the team in any way at all. Every other team has young bright prospects with the future in mind while we leave ours by the way side for the same tired players who continue to be rux today as they were 5 years ago. Tappa should have used this Gold cup to introduce Darren Mattocks to the world because I guarantee you that he is better than both Luton Shelton and Ryan Johnson. Shamar is better than Luton!

Comment

Assassin mi bredrin, you maybe right about Pennant, but don't look at it as wholesale changes because WCQ is closer than it seem, and with no tournament coming up to prepare for, we need to make these changes now in order find the right set of players and develop a chemistry! If we don't look at these players soon, when will we do it?

Comment

Working...
              X