Nervousness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nervousness

Yesterday before the match a friend of mine who lives in New York called me and was telling me how whenever the Reggae Boyz have to play or Jamaican athletes have to run, he is a nervous wreck. He said from back in the days when Ottey would run, he is just on edge until the the starter's gun goes off.

The man was telling me that with the Jamaica/USA match scheduled for Sunday, from Thurday night, he had not slept. He is also a regular church man and he was saying "mi cudden even goh church dis mawnin, mi is a total wreck!"

I know I get nervous a few minutes before matches. Like yesterday, at about 15 minutes to kickoff, I could feel a little gitter. Otherwise, I do not get that worked up.

I was thinking to myself, my friend is a dentist. If I knew Jamaica has a match on Sunday and I had an appointment to see him a few days before that, I sure as hell would have to get it rescheduled.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran
Working...
X