X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican-born Suzuki suits up for Japan against Boyz

HOWARD WALKER @ the MEN’S UNDER-17 WORLD CUP IN MEXICO
    Monday, June 20, 2011

MONTERREY, Mexico — Mariko Suzuki sat comfortably in the stands at the Estadio Universitario, patiently awaiting her son's appearance on the field as Japan were slated to play Jamaica.
    Mariko's son Musashi Suzuki is a member of Japan's National Under-17 team, and she couldn't wait to see her son in action.

Her son is what actor Chris Tucker in the movie Rush Hour, would describe as a "Blackanese" or a Japanese of dark complexion.

Ironically, he was about to play against the land of his birth, Jamaica, but she had no qualms about which country she was cheering for.

"Of course Japan, but I am so glad the Jamaican team comes to the World Cup because it is a long time I haven't had a Jamaica senior team participating in the World Cup since France in 1998," said Mariko.

Her son Musashi Suzuki came on in the 46th minute, and were it not for some outstanding goalkeeping from the Young Reggae Boy Nico Campbell, the Jamaican-born Musashi could have scored at least three goals.

He was born in Montego Bay, St James, in 1994 to a Jamaican father named Robert Hamilton and left the island as a six-year-old for his mother's hometown of Gunma, in the heart of Japan.

According to his mother, he attended St James Prep School for two years before migrating.

"He was born in Jamaica at the Eldemire Hospital (Cornwall Regional Hospital) in Montego Bay, near Union Street," she said.

"His dad is in Montego Bay, he is Robert Hamilton. I didn't tell him that he was going to play; we don't keep contact with him," she said laughing.

"The last time Musashi was in Jamaica was six years ago (and) that was his third time," admitted Mariko.

"In 1998, when Japan played Jamaica, he was four years old. He was speaking patois, but he forgot everything after three months, he forget about English or patois," she reiterated.

As to his roots, Mariko says she talks to him about it every now and then. As to his desire to play for Jamaica?

"No. Actually, he is pure Japanese. He speaks English just a little bit and his mind is in Japan now," she noted. "He didn't say anything but maybe his mind is between Jamaica and Japan."

Mariko said she worked as a tour operator after arriving in Jamaica in 1989 and later had a Japanese restaurant at the Half Moon hotel in Montego Bay.

She then pointed out that a year after arriving in Japan, Musashi started to show a lot of interest in football.

"I don't think that he is good still. I don't know why he is selected as a member, maybe he is just tall," she tried to explain.

Mariko — who has another 12-year-old son, Sho, with another Jamaican man — said she loves Jamaica so much, she will make it her home eventually.

"Every two years I come back to Jamaica, and maybe after I retire, I want to live in Jamaica. Actually, I like Jamaica very much," she said.

Last edited by Karl; June 20, 2011, 03:55 PM.

love Jamaican man..say it...

Comment

she did!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

actions speak louder than words? LOL
        Peter R

Comment

Or maybe is the Boom Wuk according to Tanya Stephens.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

She likes ジャマイカでのセックス

BTW the japanese for "sex" is : セックス .. check out the smiley face character... LOL
            Peter R

Comment

Well.....she seems to have gotten around much! And the daddy/daddies should be ashamed not knowing what's going on with his/their child. What a way for Mr Hamilton to find out........through the media!
              Last edited by Farmah; June 20, 2011, 03:14 PM.
              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
              X