• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got hit by the triple bombs

a) a better TEAM

b) A wikid defection

c) a terrible referee's decision

And it did four minutes into the second half. Left back Eric Lichaj hit a cross that Jamaica’s Jermaine Taylor headed clear. Jones raced forward and met the ball on the fly, striking a low hard shot from 30 yards. Taylor was in position to block it, but the ball changed direction off his leg and flew past helpless goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts.

Donovan entered the game in the 66th minute for Bedoya, and a minute later, Jones got the best of Taylor again. The German-born midfielder surged past Taylor toward goal, then flew theatrically to the ground as the Jamaican tried to tackle the ball away. Jones’ dive fooled the referee, who showed Taylor a red card. Jamaica would play the rest of the game with 10 men.

In the 80th minute, the Americans got the insurance goal they wanted, and it came from Dempsey, who was so maligned for missing easy chances in the group stage finale against Guadeloupe. He settled a cross from Agudelo, calmly sidestepped Ricketts and deposited the ball into the empty goal.

The U.S. maintained its unbeaten record against Jamaica, stretching it to 10-0-8. More importantly, the Americans finally played to their potential in what had been a frustrating tournament, while Bradley demonstrated that he’s far from rigid or stale. It was a true tactical victory that should serve the U.S. well moving forward.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/s...#ixzz1PotFaeN8
    ..but for all of the wiked deflection and the terrible ref's decision the greatest of the blows was the US was a better TEAM.

We need to wheel and come again...and among the things vital to our continued move forward is consistently playing matches against quality opposition.

Far East - Look no further than the organisation of the Japanese U-17s - all the Far East teams from clubs through seniors strive for this good organisation.

European - Organisation in European teams we see every day on our TV screens.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I saw the match in snippets. I didn't realize we had a player sent off.

If your contention is that he was ejected unfairly, don't you think FIFA should have a review system? Sometimes what you think you saw was not what you thought you saw...right? but FIFA needs to control games and outcomes and so reviews of critical decisions will not happen any time soon.
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      I saw the match in snippets. I didn't realize we had a player sent off.

If your contention is that he was ejected unfairly, don't you think FIFA should have a review system? Sometimes what you think you saw was not what you thought you saw...right? but FIFA needs to control games and outcomes and so reviews of critical decisions will not happen any time soon.
      On the first look...during the game I thought it unfair and posted as swiftly as I could on my impressions.

I have since looked at it more than 3 times and nothing I have seen has caused me to change my mind.

Yes, I think the 'camera' and 'the 3rd ref' (suggested guy who reviews the replays and speaks - is in realtime communication - with the ref trio) needs to be introduced.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X