The whipping the U-17 team received from Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whipping the U-17 team received from Japan

is not dissimilar to that received by the REGGAE BOYZ from the US at this 2011 Gold Cup. Both teams came up against superbly organised teams the moved the ball crisply and with players who were always in perpetual motion.

For our opponents it was great discipline in sticking to assignments and passing & moving, moving and passing. Our both our teams were dominated.

Yet...for all that we showed that our teams had the individual talents...just needing to be molded into TEAM.

We need to build on this.
    I must be sounding like a stuck record - frequent quality opposition, needed.

FORWARD!
    Last edited by Karl; June 20, 2011, 08:59 AM. Reason: CORRECTION
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

The under 17 team in for a real whipping when them face France. Them man deh look like them is full senior internationals already. If they don't move Holness out of the midfield we are going to get overrun straight through the spine of the team. We will get to see how good Powell and the other central defender (name slipping me, but he also played well) really are because the French strikers are strong and fast and the supporting players are extremely quick to support and move off the ball. They had Argentina looking like Jamaica against Japan.

Comment

where would you move Holness too? Striker? He plays at one pace..

Comment

To the bench or they change how they play to have two wingers and him right behind a central striker and two other central midfielders behind him. That team can't beat any good side playing the way we are playing now. At least that way he can do his jogging closer to the goal.

Comment

Especially the youth on the right side for France that set up the 2 goals....look wicked...

Comment

well we both know he is not going to the bench. I think they need to change his game. He has a good future but he plays at one pace, not good for a elite midfielder. I think that team need a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
              The under 17 team in for a real whipping when them face France. Them man deh look like them is full senior internationals already. If they don't move Holness out of the midfield we are going to get overrun straight through the spine of the team. We will get to see how good Powell and the other central defender (name slipping me, but he also played well) really are because the French strikers are strong and fast and the supporting players are extremely quick to support and move off the ball. They had Argentina looking like Jamaica against Japan.
              This French team really surprise me,they just scraped through to these finals.Holland,Germany,Denmark and England were far superior to them in the European championship in may so in 1 month they have either improved remarkedly or Argentina is poor. Take a look at the Dutch team
              they are special they hammered Germany 5-2 in the Euro finals.

Comment

Working...
              X