No announcement yet.

...yup we were outplayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and from where I sat in the stands, Tappa was quite happy with how tentative we were in the first half. He was quite ok with the performance and aloowing USA to come at us. That must have been his plan. Have the US run at us for 70 minutes and hope they don't score then bring on Kemar daleyin the last 20 minutes to run at them. That didn't work yesterday. Wile the garbage was being played in the first half;players being tenative; sitiing back and waiting for the US to run at them; giving the US acres of space; where was Tappa? Comfortably sitting on the Bench while Bradley was standing on the sideline issuing instructions. If Tappa wasn't happy with what was happening he would be screaming on the sideline..I saw him do that before. And in his postmatch comments he actually praised how they played and only pointed out Shelton's miss. That tells me that whatever tactics he employed just didn't work and he didnt adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      Karl, you have a tendency to be too wordy. Can you keep it short for me?

Where did you see me suggest any such things Karl? Were those the only reason why we lost the game? You have to look at the bigger picture to see our deficiencies, not the errors. We could have lost by a larger margin had it not been

Tell me what was done at the half to stem the inroads the USA was making into our half? This has to be addressed by the coach looking at his team's strategy and game tactics.

I think for this match, Tappa was tactically naive and did not have any answer to what Bradley threw at him. While saying that, it was still a learning experience for him and I am sure he would have learned from it.
      What did you suggest?

As I said before: I do not see that failing of Tappa of which you speak!
      ...and that is that from me!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, please post replies as your own posts and not edit my post. You have to learn when the fire gets hot, not to get your wires crossed.

While your moderator privilege allows you to go in and possibly edit my post, you have to make sure of what you are doing.

What facts were presented? Your opinions don't constitute facts Karl! Obviously you do not know what are facts.

Facts? Oooh yes, I had watched the match more than once when I replied to your post...and I watched it even yet again:

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ad.php?t=42221

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ad.php?t=42221
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You get my drift that when you are replying to my post please do not click the "Edit" button?

Karl, I do not know where you come from, but until you presented some statistics, all else was opinion, not facts. I see you have gone back and watched and tried to present some facts. Yuh nuh have work fi duh? Oh, I remember, it is The Pines.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Just noticed I had responded to your post within your post.

OK...I have attempted to clean it up to have mine below clearly marked as mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It falls right in the category of claims that Ricketts was always giving away the ball. Appears to me that once the mind is fixed on players past transgressions some find it difficult to focus on the game under review.

I encourage you to count the amount of times Ricketts kicked those long balls and they ended right to the US where they started building their attack again. It is an objective observation Karl, not a figment of the imagination! If you watch the match again, count how many times our goalkeeper made some pointed pass to any of our players where they were able to comfortably receive the ball and start our attack. Next, count the amount of times he made those massive punts upfield, thus giving our players only a 50/50 chance at getting the ball?
            I did! Twice for the entire match!
            ...and 1 of those is the ball that went straight in the direction he wanted Philips on the woing - Philips but went over Philip's head.

Next, do the same with Tim Howard or better yet, compare Ricketts with Dwayne Miller from the previous match against Honduras.

You at times behave as if you have a monopoly on rationality or common sense and that only you alone can see things correctly. You need to stop that S%^&!
            When facts are presented some turn to personalities.

I shall go back and watch the match again and give you the stats on Ricketts' and Howard's touches and distributions for this match.
            Last edited by Karl; June 20, 2011, 05:43 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Karl, please post replies as your own posts and not edit my post. You have to learn when the fire gets hot, not to get your wires crossed.

While your moderator privilege allows you to go in and possibly edit my post, you have to make sure of what you are doing.
              That was a mistake. ...and there was no fire. You are wrong on your claims.

See: Response to Tilla - Review of the Goalkeepers
              http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...322#post296322

What facts were presented? Your opinions don't constitute facts Karl! Obviously you do not know what are facts.
              I spoke based on facts.
              See the facts in - Response to Tilla - Review of the Goalkeepers
              http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...322#post296322

Comment

karl betta careful seh him nuh ban himself ... AGAIN!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You get my drift that when you are replying to my post please do not click the "Edit" button?
                  This is not the first time. I have made that mistake a few times. Yuh dun kno I was seeking "quote".

Karl, I do not know where you come from, but until you presented some statistics, all else was opinion, not facts. I see you have gone back and watched and tried to present some facts. Yuh nuh have work fi duh? Oh, I remember, it is The Pines.
                  Yuh si mi dying trial?
                  Yuh waan kno weh mi cum fram?

Mek mi skip dat!

I presented the facts!
                  Here you go again - http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ad.php?t=42221

Yes, boss...duh yuh owna check dem.

Comment

Blind and slow thinker!

Comment

plush, i like your suggestions of what tappa could have done differently... also, i reluctantly have to agree with the suggestion that tappa was out coached... specifically, when it became clear that we were losing the midfield battle, the change should have been made to bring on a playmaking possession midfielder like kemar daley... that could have happened even before the first half ended... there is no rule that a change cannot be made in the first half...

tappa had his team playing behind the ball, waiting for counter opportunities... with that tactic, it gave the usa too many opportunities to score and put the fence under too much pressure... too much respect was given to the usa and he had his team playing not to lose instead of playing to win...

just my take...
                      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Baddaz,, dem always seh yuh nuh know ball. That is not true.

You actually hit the nail on the head. we were losing the battle in midfield. Our defense was under constant pressure. We absorbed the pressure and made it to the dressing room still 0 - 0. I was expecting to see Tappa take steps to change the midfield dynamics when we returned, but nothing.

I think Tappa must have been thinking that if the score is tied at the end of regulation, then he would need to have his players fresher so he did not make any change. I don't know, as with the pressure we were under, he could have made some change in formation to handle the US.

I am glad you have finally come around, albeitreluctantly to the realization that we were out coached. Nothing is wrong with that either. We just have to prepare for the WCQ and correct the issues we have now with the team.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

lol... tilla, a which ignorant soul seh mi nuh kno ball... lol... ftr, i did not hold a position that tappa wasn't outcoached... i reluctantly, agreed that he was... afterall, mi have mi bias... however, i think he should have made the midfield change in the first half... he got away with the nil all score at half time but at the very least he should have made the change from the locker room and went on the attack in search of the win... sometimes coaches can be too conservative and too rudimentary in their substitution patterns... sometimes a coach just have to make a change if is necessary, be it in 10th min or the 90th min... tappa will learn from this experience...
                          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                          X