ReggaeBoyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReggaeBoyz

You NEED a creative/attacking midfielder - A lot of the passes to the forwards came from long kicks. (In the 1st half) The passing and ball movement in the JA half was good, BUT across half line you looked clueless and often the ball ended up back with the JA defence. No midfielder was able to break down the US defence, which I feel was average.

You NEED a central/defensive midfielder - US midfielders had too much space to operate and that put unnecessary pressure on your defence, and forced your forwards to constantly drop back in defence.

Austin - He cannot start. His tackling can be reckless at times (which will make him a target when he plays the US and Mexico) and his passing is terrible.

Morrison - He should be called Houdini. I heard his name "twice": when they announced the starting lineup and when he was substituted. Which suggests that he disappears in "big" games.

Shelton - Thought he would be a force, at least in CONCACAF, by now, but has not improved or matured as a player. In the first half he was the US best defender. I don't see him as a starter, when Cummings returns, and with others waiting for their chance, he might find himself a spectator at the next WC.

Still need to work on team discipline and composure, especially in set plays and when they're behind.

I cannot disagree with anything said here. Have to say you are on point with your assessment.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
    X