If Jamaica can dominate the lesser teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Jamaica can dominate the lesser teams

in the region, I don't see why they can't qualify for the next WC. MExico and USA are locked ..... why Jamaica cannot beat the others to 3rd spot?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Based on what I have seen of Tappa coached teams against Canada, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica etc, I see no reason why we should not be in the next World Cup.

Comment

Nothing nuh lock so fast. Hold your horses.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Honduras have a good team when they bring out all thier big guns, so we cant afford to think this Gold Cup squad can qualify us for the World Cup. They are simply not good enough. The good thing we can do something about it if the JFF and the head coach wishes.

Comment

The Gold Cup squad defintely has a good chance of qualifying us for the World Cup. I would make a couple additions, but the domination of Honduras and Guatemala, El Salvador shows that the current group has what it takes to beat the teams outside of USA and Mexico.

Comment

You can stay deh kid yourself.We need some seasoned professinals who play at high level to go with what we have then we have a chance.

Comment

Especially when what was lacking in this game was the doing the most basic of things.
              Even in this terrible game I saw changes I appreciate.

Comment

Kid myself? These same players have dominated Guatemala, T&T, Costa Rica and El Salvador. Those are the teams you need to beat to have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                  Kid myself? These same players have dominated Guatemala, T&T, Costa Rica and El Salvador. Those are the teams you need to beat to have a chance.
                  A same thing with the last campaign we start with the complacent thing, leave out our best players and paid the price. When world cup qualifiers come round everybody a come with them a game and we should be ready from the first whistle.

Comment

We have not dominated.

We have won each time with hard-fought victories.
                    The victory the US had over us was domination. We can, I think, get to such dominance over teams you named...but currently we are not there.

If our JFF makes the mistake of planning to qualify based on thinking that we dominate those teams and thus have not to 'bus' our tails to ensure World Cup 2014 qualification then it would be sitting at home watching another World Cup go by.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The squad in the last campaign was different. They went and picked players who were far from the best alternatives available and were yet to show they could play as a team. Picking Deon Burton, Evon Taylor and Obrien Woodbine 3 years ago is much different from the current situation.

As I said previously, I would strengthen the squad with a few UK additions, but there are certain players who play overseas who would be no better against top CONCACAF opposition. I have seen enough Darren Moore's in Jamaica's setup to know that just because a player plays in a higher league doesn't mean he will improve the team.

Comment

Reading too much into the language used. Our performance against those teams in recent years shows that we, with this current squad, have a CHANCE to qualify. Would that team have a great showing in the World Cup and be able to dominate a Mexican team? probably not.

Comment

Reading too much into the language used. Our performance against those teams in recent years shows that we, with this current squad, have a CHANCE to qualify. Would that team have a great showing in the World Cup and be able to dominate a Mexican team? probably not.
                          OK!
                          Agreed
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X