• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-17 live -

http://www.fromsportcom.com/v-2/8/142/v-294316.html

Excellent feed!
    Last edited by Karl; June 19, 2011, 09:40 PM. Reason: correction
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Heart alone cannot do it.
    You need TEAM.

Japan showed that in the last few minutes I saw. They moved and passed and passed and moved.

Our fellows had good shape...kept moving but failed at passing. They just seemed to have the same inability to move the ball around as they did in MoBay.

Trus mi dis his a TEAM game...and the higher the quality of play your GROUP the greater to the TEAMplay they meet.

We are still not a TEAM...just a very talented group.
    ...and that is a crime. As Mankine would ask - Who fail di yutes!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, for the last 40 years we keep saying that we have a "talented group". I am wondering if it is time we reexamine what we mean by talented. We have not made any significant impact in the lower age-group tournaments over that period of time. Are DaCosta cup and Manning's cup overated?. I am begining to suspect that they are. If we are to ascribe the term talented to our youngsters, at least the ones selected to represent us, shouldn't they be judged against the standard of the rest of the world. Quite frankly, I think we are way behind in talent and skill when compared to other countries which take football seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Our fellows had good shape...
        what does that mean? really?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Reggaedoc, don't let the results throw you off. Jamaica does have an abundance of talent. And no, "Dacosta cup and Manning's cup (are not) overared."

Both the Manning and Dacosta cups serve an excellent purpose of exposing talent at the high school level. We must understand that the two competitions are there for helping to unearth the talent; that's what they do and nothing else.

Another misconcetion is that a talented bunch of boys will win. Naah!!! A talented bunch of boys is just what they are are ...a group of talented individuals. Properly coached TEAMS win matches and competitions. Talented players get by...sometimes! It's another process, thereafter, to polish the rough edges off these gems.

I submitted a post right after the U17 qualified for the World Cup, in which I stated that coach Downswell needs help to take these kids further. Nothing was done in terms of giving WD40 the resources to do well at the World Cup. I felt (and I still do) that if outside help was not brought in then we would become just stepping stools at the competition.

My view is that a TEAM is as good as the quality of coaching and practice games it gets prior to a competition. Anything less and we will only be there just to boast that we got there....maybe that is enough for some people!

Yet, it is hard to blame a program that is hurting for money and there is no way we can ever think to blame coach Downswell. Maybe as the senior Boyz progress, we will get quality opponents at The Office and maybe we will all go out in numbers to support. Fan support -> more money for the JFF -> better preparation for future teams!
          Last edited by Karl; June 19, 2011, 09:37 PM.
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

so let it be written, so let it be done. amen!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
              Reggaedoc, don't let the results throw you off. Jamaica does have an abundance of talent. And no, "Dacosta cup and Manning's cup (are not) overared."

Both the Manning and Dacosta cups serve an excellent purpose of exposing talent at the high school level. We must understand that the two competitions are there for helping to unearth the talent; that's what they do and nothing else.

Another misconcetion is that a talented bunch of boys will win. Naah!!! A talented bunch of boys is just what they are are ...a group of talented individuals. Properly coached TEAMS win matches and competitions. Talented players get by...sometimes! It's another process, thereafter, to polish the rough edges off these gems.

I submitted a post right after the U17 qualified for the World Cup, in which I stated that coach Downswell needs help to take these kids further. Nothing was done in terms of giving WD40 the resources to do well at the World Cup. I felt (and I still do) that if outside help was not brought in then we would become just stepping stools at the competition.
              My view is that a TEAM is as good as the quality of coaching and practice games it gets prior to a competition. Anything less and we will only be there just to boast that we got there....maybe that is enough for some people!

Yet, it is hard to blame a program that is hurting for money and there is no way we can ever think to blame coach Downswell. Maybe as the senior Boyz progress, we will get quality opponents at The Office and maybe we will all go out in numbers to support. Fan support -> more money for the JFF -> better preparation for future teams!
              Sensible talk,could'nt agree more!!

Comment

them need the resources but I doubt WD40 can do any better. The man just use physical assets.

I have never seen any of his teams attack in numbers and is fluent at any time it is more like get the youth them fit and make them leave their heart on the field.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X