What happen to all the Jamaican dem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happen to all the Jamaican dem

that live in the USA,why are they not out in force supporting the Reggae Boyz?

Most are waggonist, so they don't show up. Many of the few who want to show up, wait until the last minute to buy a ticket when nothing leave or only expensive ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      Most are waggonist, so they don't show up. Many of the few who want to show up, wait until the last minute to buy a ticket when nothing leave or only expensive ones.
      I'm here in Europe watching the games and thinking if these games were in England stadium would be full. Maybe it's the lack of love for the game or is it a lack of Patriotism or a bit of both?

Comment

Jamaica does not have a long history of success in football and that is a reflection on the interest of the fans. If it was a track event such as the Penn Relays, you would see at least 40,000 fans in attendance.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          Jamaica does not have a long history of success in football and that is a reflection on the interest of the fans. If it was a track event such as the Penn Relays, you would see at least 40,000 fans in attendance.
          No disrespect Hortical,but i dont think football history have a lot to do with it.
          Win are lose when Jamaica come to England wether it is a testimonial against a club side or an international Friendly we go and support it.Not just us that born and grow a yard but our kids that not even been to yard a so the thing set Boss!!

Comment

Hortical is right. I want to add also that the percieved lack of support has to do with the lack of publicity that the Gold Cup and the Jamaican team gets here. Unless you are a die-hard fan like us here on the forum, many Jamaicans only know in passing that a competition is going on. I know real football, Jamaican fans (not necessarily "die-hards") that I have to be the one keeping them up to date when things happen. I have always said that the JFF lacks vision when it comes on to tapping into the diaspora. World Cup, everyone knows about and if we are winning our qualifying matches, and we have a match anywhere on the east coast, then they will get the support.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Hortical is right. I want to add also that the percieved lack of support has to do with the lack of publicity that the Gold Cup and the Jamaican team gets here. Unless you are a die-hard fan like us here on the forum, many Jamaicans only know in passing that a competition is going on. I know real football, Jamaican fans (not necessarily "die-hards") that I have to be the one keeping them up to date when things happen. I have always said that the JFF lacks vision when it comes on to tapping into the diaspora. World Cup, everyone knows about and if we are winning our qualifying matches, and we have a match anywhere on the east coast, then they will get the support.
              That sound more like a valid reason,i always say the JFF does not do enough to promote Jamaica's football team.I can appreciate that football probably dont get enough mention in the press and media in America so it is up to the JFF to reach out to the fans.I just got back from the Czech Republic and i was able to watch all the games on tv plus Jamaica was getting a mention in the newspapers and on thier sport news and there is only a handful of Jamaicans living there,That is the difference in Europe.
              We look at the Gold Cup as we would look at the Copa America or European Championship.The Gold Cup is Concacaf premier event and should be treated like that.

Comment

too many hl's out there ... and that is all i have to say about that!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

was looking for "gold cup" on the satellite ... nada had to look for "copa de oro"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    too many hl's out there ... and that is all i have to say about that!
                    ...but HL goes to our matches and supports!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Hear! Hear!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                        I want to add also that the percieved lack of support has to do with the lack of publicity that the Gold Cup and the Jamaican team gets here.

Unless you are a die-hard fan like us here on the forum, many Jamaicans only know in passing that a competition is going on. I know real football, Jamaican fans (not necessarily "die-hards") that I have to be the one keeping them up to date when things happen. I have always said that the JFF lacks vision when it comes on to tapping into the diaspora.

Most Jamaicans living in the US do not know of these matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          Most Jamaicans living in the US do not know of these matches.
                          Thats a down right shame. Karl can anything be done to ensure that the Jamaican comunity are made aware in the future?

Comment

Can't blame the JFF. All you get inna Florida a mostly pirate stations. Only one decent part time station on FM inna Georgia since my brethren left off a the air.

New York have a some part time station but them so competitive, you have fi pay each one a them something fi adveritse inna them time slot.

When I come London and Birmingham I envy unnu radio stations in England.

We need good media in order to inform and hype up the thing.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Karl, Gammah (sometimes) remind me of Sean Hannity..........
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X