A curse in disguise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A curse in disguise

Having won our group might have been a curse in disguise. I am sure all forumites know what I am talking about. We might not want to admit it but it is what it is.

Being winners of the group means we haven to face one of the most foemidable teams in all of football. Again we may not want to admit it but it is what it is. Style makes fights in boxing, and the same goes for football. We now have to face the giant US, and their style of play has given even our best teams the almost-impossible task of beating them. Their never say die style, skill, speed, fitness, scoring ability, and discipline have always killed us, even when we are leading down to the last 60 seconds. I have a gut feeling that most of us wished we had come second in the group, although most of us are not honest enough to admit it. After all, the same people said we would win WC in 1998.
    Hope the boyz can make history on Sunday.

Then again Destiny could be putting us in position to avenge a wrong.. in the same place the wrong was committed.

The timing seems as right as it is going to be.. we in our best form.. US in less than good from.. nothing in their 3 games indicates they are in form...

We would have faced either Mexico or USA in the Semis.. what is one game earlier ?

Focus on the feeling of the win.. high risk, HIGH GAIN !

Comment

Their never say die style, skill, speed, fitness, scoring ability, and discipline have always killed us, even when we are leading down to the last 60 seconds.
      I have not seen this so far from them in this competition. I think they are very beatable. Panama showed this and I think we can sock it to them too.

I do not fear this US team.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Win worl cup, dat is a stretch nuh logical man wouldah tink or seh dat. Hope, hope deh ah hope garden. Man haffi tan up inna di fiyah an wi nuh fraid ah no bwoy irrespective if ah ball or odahwise. Never doubt yuhself or yuh side membah dat, an di side ah tink di said way. Yuh can stay deh, mi know my side ago ready. Weh Tappa seh ah semi-final wi come yah fah, is like yuh hear but nevah didah listen, anyting else ah Braatah. Mi waan done dem bwoy deh till mi short, suh when dem hear wi name dem fret like puss. Done wi ah come fi done a bwoy.

Comment

Here is one person who is happy we won the group. Anything other than that for me is a sort of defeatist, chicken mentality that only serves to weaken our confidence and becomes self-fulfilling.

Time now we play and feel like champions! We seem to be doing the first part okay. Let's take care of the second part too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

not to mention the motivation to kick Chuck Blazer's team! How dare he try to get our leaders in trouble!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I agree... you need to play with a positive attitude and a winning mentality. Let the chips fall where they may!
              Peter R

Comment

A dis a the same man who say this a the worst team since 98?

mi a tell unnu fi siddum and watch and nuh worry unnu self.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I guess Marcus Garvey was speaking of Reggaedoc's mentality when he said "Without confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started."

A team will never become champions by shying away from competition. If we should lose to the US, then it is back to the drawing board. We use the Gold Cup as the trial run to perfect the real thing - the World Cup Qualifiers.

Up you mighty Team. . .
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    not to mention the motivation to kick Chuck Blazer's team! How dare he try to get our leaders in trouble!
                    LOL!!! Our leaders do a fine job of getting into trouble all on their own Dem don' need Chuck "Santa Clause" Blazer.
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Time to destroy this sense of inevitability the US has enjoyed in the Concacaf region, this sense of they will always prevail, truth is they are struggling right now and now is the time to take it to them.

When the moment of "now" arises then you have to take your best shot, we are in a good place, there is always the way the ball rolls, luck has its place as well, but we must take the field of battle with no regrets, at this point we either do it or we doan do it and really while we set the bar high and say "well only semis will make us happy" the truth is none of that matters now all that matter is we take the fight to the field and BATTLE regardless of who is in front of us and this is the next step in our ball pedigree.

Comment

Is what kind of crazy post is this? Brethren is betta yuh go chill, and I am looking forward to watching this match LIVE at RFK come Sunday. Nuh time fi a weak heart!
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                          Time to destroy this sense of inevitability the US has enjoyed in the Concacaf region, this sense of they will always prevail, truth is they are struggling right now and now is the time to take it to them.

When the moment of "now" arises then you have to take your best shot, we are in a good place, there is always the way the ball rolls, luck has its place as well, but we must take the field of battle with no regrets, at this point we either do it or we doan do it and really while we set the bar high and say "well only semis will make us happy" the truth is none of that matters now all that matter is we take the fight to the field and BATTLE regardless of who is in front of us and this is the next step in our ball pedigree.
                          Could not agree more!
                          It must be "one step at a time".
                          The USA is in front of us. We must do the job!
                          The time is NOW!
                          FORWARD!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X