Burrell makes his move against Blazer or for Concacaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell makes his move against Blazer or for Concacaf

FIFA called to investigate whistleblower Blazer over claims against Warner and Bin Hammam

Last updated at 10:23 AM on 15th June 2011

Officials at the centre of a FIFA investigation have made a complaint against Chuck Blazer, the whistleblower who sparked the bribery scandal that has rocked football's world governing body.

The heads of 11 Caribbean associations have written to FIFA's ethics committee calling on them to investigate Blazer over remarks he was alleged to have made in a meeting in Zurich on May 31.

Looking back over your shoulder: Now Chuck Blazer is subject of a FIFA investigation

Blazer, the USA's FIFA member, is the secretary general of the CONCACAF federation and it was he who set in train the investigation that led to the suspension of fellow FIFA members Jack Warner and Mohamed Bin Hammam on bribery charges.

He says he has no concerns about the complaint and will be responding to the ethics committee.

Crisis: FIFA has been rocked to the very core since its decision to award Qatar the World Cup

According to the letter of complaint, a copy of which has been seen by Press Association Sport, Blazer told the members at the meeting they were all under investigation over claims that the 25 members of the Caribbean Football Union had each been paid or offered 40,000 US dollars in bribes by Warner and Bin Hammam.

The letter states: 'The statement of Mr Blazer flouts the principle of a natural or legal person being innocent before being proven guilty.'

It says Blazer 'violated the personal rights' of Captain Horace Burrell, the president of the Jamaican Football Federation - Blazer had blocked him becoming active vice-president of CONCACAF.

It also alleges Blazer 'discriminated against Capt Burrell and certain members of the CONCACAF through his contemptuous and denigratory words since all the persons who were singled out were of a specific race'.

Blazer said: 'I have no concerns about this and everything will answered properly to the ethics committee.'

FIFA sources say the complaint was made through the Jamaican FA.

More...

THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

EXCLUSIVE: Northern Irish FIFA executive Boyce in stinging attack on 'arrogant' English FA....GET OVER IT!

By Laure James

Last updated at 7:39 AM on 13th June 2011

FIFA's war of words with England reached new heights when one of Sepp Blatter's deputies accused the FA of arrogance and of living in the past.

FA chairman David Bernstein led English resistance to Blatter's presidency when the controversial leader of the world game was re-elected for a fourth term in Zurich two weeks ago.

Bernstein claimed he was making a stance against the corruption he feels has left Blatter and FIFA devoid of credibility.

Accuser: IFA life president Jim Boyce, here in odd Viking headgear, has hit out at the FA

But Northern Ireland's new FIFA vice-president Jim Boyce turned his fire on the FA and told them it was time to 'get over' the fact they failed with a bid to host the 2018 tournament and to stop trying to trade off the back of their 1966 triumph.
    In a stinging attack, Boyce, who has replaced England's Geoff Thompson on FIFA's executive committee, said: 'Some people think there is an element of arrogance among the English footballing family.

'I was disappointed when England were not awarded the World Cup but it's time to get over it. I will obviously try to help them in any way I can (in the new role) but they need to move on from their disappointment at the World Cup bid.

'There seems to be an attitude that English football is owed something ever since '66. That started to wear thin 20 years ago.
    'We need to rebuild bridges and strengthen existing relations. I will be doing everything I can to help achieve that and will represent all four British nations.'

Stuck with Sepp: FIFA president Blatter was re-elected in Zurich two weeks ago

Boyce was elected to his position on June 1 and is likely to be one of the very last Britons to take up a role among the governing body during Blatter's tenure as president.
    Despite his attack on England, he admitted that FIFA must root out any individuals who don't have the best interests of the game at heart.

Boyce, 67, added: 'The coverage of the FIFA elections and any negative press is important. The bad publicity, in my opinion, has come because it would appear that some individual members of the FIFA executive committee have acted in the wrong manner.
    'What must happen is that if these people are found to have acted in the wrong manner then through the president of FIFA we have to demonstrate that we cannot tolerate such behaviour.

Battered image: World football's governing body is still recovering from corruption allegations

'FIFA must remove them from office, it's that simple. There has been bad publicity and a lot of it has been warranted. But FIFA needs to take strong action wherever it is needed and hopefully it will calm down.

'The reaction I've had from people I've known for many years has been so positive and I am terribly grateful to people wishing me well in the role.'

Meanwhile, FIFA have weighed in on CONCACAF's ongoing power struggle, declaring Alfredo Hawit of Honduras the rightful acting president.

Lisle Austin took control of the federation representing North and Central America and the Caribbean after long-time president Jack Warner was suspended by FIFA amid bribery allegations.
    But CONCACAF's executive committee ousted Austin after he tried to fire general secretary Chuck Blazer, the senior FIFA member who accused Warner and Mohamed Bin Hammam of trying to buy votes in FIFA's presidential election.

More...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1PLK0Jhaw
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

yup! more in the mortar than the pestle!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
      X