Tappa has put a Jamaican style of play on this team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tappa has put a Jamaican style of play on this team

Tappa know im ball.Dis bredda a guh tek wi guh places we have never been before , im a guh mek certain coach look like sample.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

but him tek wi guh World Cup ahready.. wheh else him a tek wi guh now ?!

Comment

confederations cup?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think this good play is as a result of the Brazilians' input. Clearly!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good play brazilians input? Top of the zone by winning all matches,jamaican style of play.....so we need the brazilians?
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Tappa has been there all along. Why couldn't they play like that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Then Tappa is clearly the real big man for picking him as his assistant and dashing away Bradley.

Comment

mo, i think it is a singular thing responsible for this improved play... its not as if the brazillians just came or we've never been exposed to the brazilliams before... i do think the brazillians influence played a part...

based on my observation, i believe it is a new generation of ballers with a improved understanding of the game... these younger ballers are learing from each other...

those overseas who have been playing in more structured settings are imparting their disciplined approach on the local talent and the locals are embracing the knowledge and experience, whether consciously or subconciously...

also, this group of players especially those last nite show a commitment to stick to the game plan which displayed a level of discipline not previously seen... that is all on the players...

in short, i think it is a combination of factors... mostly players discipline, intelligence and fitness... the brazillians imput and influence finally getting through and the coach willingness to use players based on merit and their willingness to play to instructions based on the game plan...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Mosiah, give Tappa credit. The Brazilians have been with us back and forth so many times and we weren't playing like this. Yes the Brazilians are heping but Tappa is doing a fine job

Comment

You forget MO never give Tappa any credit when him had the team winning before Simoes and never give Barnes the credit after that and now giving the brazilian the credit.

But when it was Boxhill in charge and Hue playing Downswell nuh stop get big up fi the attractive 6-0 dem.

Comment

well said.

Comment

Good points...but not entirely correct to say that they show "commitment to stick to the game plan which displayed a level of discipline not previously seen" ...maybe not previously seen this century

Jamaica 1997-98 showed similar tactical discipline .... how else did we play Brazil twice to a virtual standstill, qualify for the WC and actually win a game?

Time now for Tappa to take us past that and cement this Jamaican stylee for iva.... even in the Manning Cup, that bush league
                        Last edited by Don1; June 14, 2011, 01:49 PM.
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                          Good points...but not entirely correct to say that they show "commitment to stick to the game plan which displayed a level of discipline not previously seen" ...maybe not previously seen this century

Jamaica 1997-98 showed similar tactical discipline .... how else did we play Brazil twice to a virtual standstill, qualify for the WC and actually win a game?

Time now for Tappa to take us past that and cement this Jamaican stylee for iva.... even in the Manning Cup, that bush league

Jamaica 1997-98 showed similar tactical discipline?

In a few matches only.
                          Certainly parts of the matches against Croatia, Argentina and Japan. ...but we broke down terribly in each of those matches.

As I said only at RFK and Miami's Orange Bowl against USA and Brazil respectively did we do that for an entire match.
                          I would think this 2011 team is faaaaaaaaar further along than the '98 team when we compare similar periods of lifecycle.

My the defense is just as shaky...and it is defense where I have my fears. ...but let us see what shall happen as we advance in this Gold Cup when we meet these TEAMs (notice I am already thinking we shall play 3 more matches)...meet these faster and stronger teams.

btw - As I said I have not seen the match...but based on the posts our defense may even have been stronger with Jermaine Taylor and Shavar Thomas out

Taylor and Thomas are our most experienced central defenders...but...

btw - In '98 our 1st half display against Argentina was the best I have ever seen a Jamaica TEAM play...and I have been watching my TEAM from 1962.

-----------------------------------

Ooooops! Just saw the highlights and Jermaine Taylor was very much on the field.

So let me withdraw -
                          but based on the posts our defense may even have been stronger with Jermaine Taylor and Shavar Thomas out
                          and merely say from the posts it appeared we gave our best defensive display.

...and ask - What then was different about our defensive arrangement?
                          Last edited by Karl; June 14, 2011, 03:09 PM.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Jermaine Taylor played - from start to finish.

Jason Morrison was surprisingly solid at the sweeper role.

Dane Richards by now has solidified his starting position on the frontline.

Keammar "Dada" Daley is an upgrade in our midfield.

We have two solid keepers in Ricketts & Murray.
                            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Murray?

Comment

Working...
                              X