Can some explain to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can some explain to me...

Why is Jamaica, (after winning our group) having to play the runner up in Group C in the quarter finals? Note that two runners up - Honduras and Costa Rica - get to play each other, while Mexico plays a third place team and the winner of Group C (USA, Panama, Canada, Guadeloupe) also plays a third place team.

We are the only group winners playing a second place team, which just might be USA. Why is that? Did HL and Zeppo rig di rahtid ting or what? This is by the way, according to the Wikipedia website, I hope they are wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_CO...Knockout_phase
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Probably some seeding effery.. wheh yuh gwine duh.. who knew Reggaeboyz would end up being the second best side in the Competition ?

Wheh yuh tink USA a fret bout now.. ?

Is DEM waan know HOW COME !

lol !! woiee !

Comment

I think the powers that be were trying to ensure that Mexico and the USA could not meet before the finals.

Comment

I guess it's time for CONCACAF to start doing a live tv draw like FIFA and UEFA does.

Comment

all dem end up ensure is dat dem nah meet at all..

Comment

Gold Cup is structured and scheduled for profit. Longer Mexico and US stay in it, the bigger the media hype, crowds and dollars.

Comment

Same reason we will not see the competition being played in Jamaica, T&T, Honduras or any other of those countries soon. They are hoping for a final with the USA and Mexico at the LA Coliseum where they can attract 100K fans and mek a bag a money!!
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                Same reason we will not see the competition being played in Jamaica, T&T, Honduras or any other of those countries soon. They are hoping for a final with the USA and Mexico at the LA Coliseum where they can attract 100K fans and mek a bag a money!!
                I understand. Really and truly, the format I would like to see is multi-national. As far as I can tell, there is no reason they couldn't have a tournament that incorporated other concacaf countries and have the playoffs in one or more of the big countries (e.g. Mexico/USA/Canada). For example, Group A could have been hosted by Trinidad, Group B by Jamaica, and C Honduras with the playoffs in the US and Mexico etc. Flying around the Caribbean is no more expensive or time-consuming than flying around America and all the small countries have stadia that are the same size as Home Depot center etc. The challenge they would have is gate receipts; these would be substantially lower in the Caribbean than in the big countries unless the have higher prices on ticket sales to foreigners.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Flying around the Caribbean is no more expensive or time-consuming than flying around America and all the small countries have stadia that are the same size as Home Depot center etc.
                  Fans in the Caribbean are too "fenke-fenke". Imagine, you live a stone's throw from FIU stadium and you were not there to watch the Boyz a few days ago? What does that tell you?

Anyway Paul, I just wanted to take a shot at you. Don't take me serious.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

team get more money if them play inna the states. Dallas stadium sell off. 60,000 and watch giants stadium sell of if Mexico play in there.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Jamaica is in by far the weakest group according to FIFA rankings.
                      Guadeloupe is not even listed on FIFA's rankings, but I'll give it 90, halfway between Cuba (81) and Grenada (98)

Group A- Mexico 28, Costa Rica 56, Cuba 81, El Salvador 87 TOTAL = 252

Group B - Honduras 43, Jamaica 58, Grenada 98, Guatemala 124 TOTAL = 323

Group C - USA 22, Panama 67, Canada 76 Guadeloupe 90 TOTAL = 255

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        Fans in the Caribbean are too "fenke-fenke". Imagine, you live a stone's throw from FIU stadium and you were not there to watch the Boyz a few days ago? What does that tell you?

Anyway Paul, I just wanted to take a shot at you. Don't take me serious.
                        LOL!! Don't worry, no offence taken. Even Gamma would forgive me. I was in NYC trying to get work for my fledgling consultancy business. Just how it rolled.

Signed,

Paul "fenke fenke" Marin

Comment

I understand full well. It is always business before pleasure, unless pleasure is your business.

Comment

pleasure is my hobby!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think Guatemala is a better team than Cuba and Guadeloupe. I do not care what FIFA ranking says. As a matter of fact, Guatemala has moved on to the next round as one of the best third place teams.

Imagine, Honduras drew with Guatemala, but defeated Grenada 7 - 1. Grenada also picked up a 4-0 spanking from Guatemala.

Comment

Working...
                              X