X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slight bias Willi.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Yes! They can raise their game much higher. If Shelton just turn over the ball less often. The TEAM would perform several notches higher. Believe it! ...just that simple thing would make the TEAM far better.

Our real problem shall here forward be raising the level of possession - a can do. Finishing - another can do.

..and tightening the defense by commiting first to meeting the ball --- particularly those high ball. ATTACK THE DAMN BALL!

...would you believe that if our REGGAE BOYZ get to the ball first the opponents cannot threaten our goal? Hey they would have "no ball".

Hey it is the opponents getting the ball...and therefore getting the ball in goal that is to be prevented. So do not allow the ball to 'fall'/bounce around and thus invite a tussle for it.

Finally, our REGGAE BOYZ have to be alert and ready to turn and run with players 'running off our defenders'...and give the opponents a tough time running on to such would be through balls.

I am confident we shall do well going forward. It is defense that I am worried about.
      Karl i cant believe even a veteran like You getting carried away.The team as done well so far however there is a lot of room for improvement.Greneda is a poor team and Guatamala is average at best so lets wait and see until they meet better opponents.In my opinion our midfield players just aint good enough and can someone tell me why is Luton Shelton dropping so deep trying to be a play maker when is passing is so poor. Certainly he would benefit the team more by playing higher up where is pace could get him in behind.Keammar Daley should start he is the one player that can offer us something different with that control and passing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
        Karl i cant believe even a veteran like You getting carried away.The team as done well so far however there is a lot of room for improvement.Greneda is a poor team and Guatamala is average at best so lets wait and see until they meet better opponents.In my opinion our midfield players just aint good enough and can someone tell me why is Luton Shelton dropping so deep trying to be a play maker when is passing is so poor. Certainly he would benefit the team more by playing higher up where is pace could get him in behind.Keammar Daley should start he is the one player that can offer us something different with that control and passing ability.
        ---

I do not think I am getting carried away. I see a step in the right direction.

You are correct in saying better competition will show where we are now. ...but even if at this time (next few days in this Gold Cup) we do not cut it against the teams that survive this round...the pattern and effort at paying TEAM ball is the way to go.

Good start me seh! ...and if followed through on we shall be moving FORWARD! Yup...I am pleased with what I see.

2014 World Cup looks like a possibility...and not just attemding to make up numbers but to make the World sit up and take notice.

The defense is cause for concern...but FORWARD!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

very slight..lol
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The focus on poor high school play is misplaced. Schools are not there to produce superior football players...that's not their mission.

The problems is with the JFF strategy (or rather lack thereof historically) and the football club's deficiencies. Most if not all the players from the U17 level are with clubs in the local leagues. It's' the mission of these clubs allied with the JFF to create good players.... this is where the real breakdown in the value chain is... not at the school level.. although school play can & should be improved...

...Except for Jawges that is..
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

---

I do not think I am getting carried away. I see a step in the right direction.

You are correct in saying better competition will show where we are now. ...but even if at this time (next few days in this Gold Cup) we do not cut it against the teams that survive this round...the pattern and effort at paying TEAM ball is the way to go.

Good start me seh! ...and if followed through on we shall be moving FORWARD! Yup...I am pleased with what I see.

2014 World Cup looks like a possibility...and not just attemding to make up numbers but to make the World sit up and take notice.

The defense is cause for concern...but FORWARD!!!
              Mi hear you Boss,lets hope you are right.Its about time the Reggae Boyz return to where they belong.Bless

Comment

Mmmmmm!!!

Comment

Well...what did we see against the USA?

Potential?!
                  Yes!

...but overmatched?
                  Yes!

Lacked experience?
                  Yes!

Allowed too much space to the USA i.e. no swift closing down of the US.

Did not pass and move...move and pass as should?
                  Yes!

Back to the drawing board?
                  Yes!

...but FORWARD to World Cup 2014 qualifiers.

Somehow The Captain will have to find a way to feed the TEAM a consistent diet of quality TEAM between now and those qualifiers. He has to ensure the inexperience is rubbed off these our REGGAE BOYZ!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well...what did we see against the USA?

Potential?!
                    Yes!

...but overmatched?
                    Yes!

Lacked experience?
                    Yes!

Allowed too much space to the USA i.e. no swift closing down of the US.

Did not pass and move...move and pass as should?
                    Yes!

Back to the drawing board?
                    Yes!

...but FORWARD to World Cup 2014 qualifiers.

Somehow The Captain will have to find a way to feed the TEAM a consistent diet of quality TEAM between now and those qualifiers. He has to ensure the inexperience is rubbed off these our REGGAE BOYZ!
                    What i saw against the USA was a massive gap in class and if we dont address that by adding some quality to our roster we have no chance of qualifying for 2014 bless!!

Comment

Class?

Exactly what is it you mean?
                      Just asking!

I ask because I did not see a gap on technical ability.

Tactics?
                      The US was clearly better...but I think inexperience and thus lack of composure was our bug-bear.

The guys just downright failed to even see the problems being posed by the US during the game. I put that down to inexperience (that terrible diet of 2nd class opposition/practising against 2nd class opposition).
                      Last edited by Karl; June 19, 2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Class?

Exactly what is it you mean?
                        Just asking!

I ask because I did not see a gap on technical ability.

Tactics?
                        The US was clearly better...but I think inexperience and thus lack of composure was our bug-bear.

The guys just downright failed to even see the problems being posed by the US during the game. I put that down to inexperience (that terrible diet of 2nd class opposition/practising against 2nd class opposition).
                        I mean we were outplayed in every position with the USA playing in second gear and were lucky not to come away with a hammering. Because in fact it could've been more embarassing.

Comment

I mean we were outplayed in every position with the USA playing in second gear and were lucky not to come away with a hammering. Because in fact it could've been more embarassing.
                          ...save goalkeeping!

...so AGREED!

Comment

Karl me a go put it to you straight and this is my opinion.If Jamaica is to qualify for the world cup only probably 5 of these players who started tonight have the quality to take us there. Am not saying they are all rubbish, i just think they are just not ready yet. Ricketts,Thomas,Phillips,Austin,Johnson.

Comment

Karl me a go put it to you straight and this is my opinion.If Jamaica is to qualify for the world cup only probably 5 of these players who started tonight have the quality to take us there. Am not saying they are all rubbish, i just think they are just not ready yet. Ricketts,Thomas,Phillips,Austin,Johnson.
                              Ryan Johnson will be there. Unless he is injuried.
                              He was probably our Man Of The Tournament.

He lead. Played TEAM all the way and scored 2 good goals. One a tap in the other a r@@@$$$ of a swerving pile driver.

Today he was let down by those around him.

Ricketts was good. Very good.

The Massive may remember I was a fierce critic of his wastefulness in the days when he used to just give a big hoof down field. I saw only 1 of those today. That ball went straight to the US goalkeeper. ...besides that the majority of his passes were to a defender or a midfielder. He did make 4 other long passes 3 fell exactly where he aimed...right on the head of one of his TEAMmates. The other went straight in the direction he wanted to D. Philips along his left touchline...unfortuntely it was somewhat high and went into touch.

I give him a 9 out of 10 for his work today.
                              Excellent.

Cannot find even a tiny fault with his distribution of the ball save that 1 long kick that ended 1 bounce to the US 'keeper and the ball that flew over Philips' head.
                              Last edited by Karl; June 19, 2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Ryan Johnson will be there. Unless he is injuried.
                                He was probably our Man Of The Tournament.

He lead. Played TEAM all the way and scored 2 good goals. One a tap in the other a r@@@$$$ of a swerving pile driver.

Today he was let down by those around him.

Ricketts was good. Very good.

The Massive may remember I was a fierce critic of his wastefulness in the days when he used to just give a big hoof down field. I saw only 1 of those today. That ball went straight to the US goalkeeper. ...besides that the majority of his passes were to a defender or a midfielder. He did make 4 other long passes 3 fell exactly where he aimed...right on the head of one of his TEAMmates. The other went straight in the direction he wanted to D. Philips along his left touchline...unfortuntely it was somewhat high and went into touch.

I give him a 9 out of 10 for his work today.
                                Excellent.

Cannot find even a tiny fault with his distribution of the ball save that 1 long kick that ended 1 bounce to the US 'keeper and the ball that flew over Philips' head.
                                Tappa must go to England and find 2 central midfield players who are playing premiership football to add to the squad.There are quite a few to choose from.Damion Stewart,Jermaine Johnson,Jamal Campbell-Ryce,Ricardo Fuller,Marlon King and a fit Ricardo Gardner they should also make sure Chris Humphrey is brought into the fold.These players would add the necessary quality we are missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X