With these players any team we meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With these players any team we meet

has to 'be honest' there are threats right across the middle and our forward line.

...and speed is everywhere. Richards, Shelton, Johnson, Vernan, Philips...are perhaps those at the top of the list as our speed demons? - The 3 forwards appear to have blinding pace across ground.

2nd goal: Richards is the one with 'fast feet'. His footwork and dip of the shoulder that left 2 defenders for dead and put him a step up on the 3rd was great work. He then served the ball on platter for Philips. Great work no fooling around - swiftly got rid of the opponents and 'dragged back the ball' for Philips.

Johnson not as technically competent. His first touch does not appear to be as good as Richards' - but he passes more.

Shelton appears to be fastest. He is the one losing the ball most and disrupting his team's play most often by 'stopping' with the ball (stopping fluency of passing) and engaging in needless 'bruks'.

Richards was a terror to the Guatemalans. ...however, he needs to work on his jumping ability. I think he could get to many of the high ball he lost to the opposition...but seems to not go fearlessly up for the balls. It appears he is tentitive - a bit fearful?

They all kept the Guatemalans honest. Dangerous frontline...very dangerous. If Shelton steps up his passing...playing more one-twos...more use of the open player...play more TEAM...they would be unstoppable...up to the 5th form level - FIFA #26 through 55 & 6th form level - FIFA #25 through 40...and would give the graduate level boys - FIFA#11 through 24...and even the Phds boys...Brazil, Spain, Germany nuff-nuff trubble! Would be excellent frontline - damn near TOP OF THE WORLD.

--------

Incidentally that dangerous game our defense plays of allowing high balls to fall to the ground - not meeting the ball - ironically was committed by a Guatemala defender. That led to the expulsion of the defender.

He allowed the ball to fall and gave Richards a chance to challenge for it. He then commited a foul following which he was shown a 'red'. It is most often silly to allow high ball to hit the ground when opponents are around.

I hope our REGGAE BOYZ cut out that dangerous manner of, it appears, conditioned reflex poor play.
    Last edited by Karl; June 12, 2011, 09:11 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Karl two things. (I think now nothing scientific about it) Richards speed and intensity and the way how he moves over short distance with his legs not lifting high make it harder for him to jump and head.

The fact that the defender made the ball drop is actually panic on his part as Richards approached him. I must say to Jamaica's credit I have never seen so many good defensive header and forward passing headers from a Jamaican team. I have always talked about that.

We need to improve on scoring headers. Johnson pass good but we need someone who can volley, hit a half volley, and can score on a one time ball or with back to goal but who play the passing and possession role as good as Johnson does. The good thing is we have a few people who can if they try hard enough.

If Fuller stop dribbling too much and concentrate on that he can be effective. Darren Mattocks seems to be that kind of forward and he maybe going to the pros this combine. Obrien White has a chance to develop and maybe we can recruit a UB40 for that role. A fit Omar Cummings is also deadly.
    Last edited by Assasin; June 12, 2011, 09:26 AM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

FULLER ? PUT FULLER ON THAT TEAM & WE WOULD STRUGGLE TO BEAT GRENADA AND GAUTEMALA!

FORGET ABOUT EVER REACHING THE 2nd level.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Karl two things. (I think now nothing scientific about it) Richards speed and intensity and the way how he moves over short distance with his legs not lifting high make it harder for him to jump and head.

The fact that the defender made the ball drop is actually panic on his part as Richards approached him. I must say to Jamaica's credit I have never seen so many good defensive header and forward passing headers from a Jamaican team. I have always talked about that.
        Richards:
        As I said I think he can jump and challenge better than he is showing. He is short...but he is not making FULL 100 effort at jumping. Why? I do not know...perhaps in his past a defender gave him a 'bitch wack'?

We need to improve on scoring headers. Johnson pass good but we need someone who can volley, hit a half volley, and can score on a one time ball or with back to goal but who play the passing and possession role as good as Johnson does. The good thing is we have a few people who can if they try hard enough.
        I have not seen anything that says Johnson cannot hit a half-volley...in fact, although the goal he scored against Grenada was from 6 yards that was a good half-volley. He can do it at 6 yards, he can do it from 7 through 20 yards. ...and that shot against Grenada was a one-time shot.

...back to goal - turn and shoot. It appears to me they all can do that. ..and they all have shown they can hold up the ball and await arrival of teammates.

Now challenging and heading well on goal?

The jury is out. Shelton and Richards have shown they are poor there. Running on and heading without jumping I think Richards can do that well. ...but once he has to jump...

Conclusion: You are correct there.

If Fuller stop dribbling too much and concentrate on that he can be effective.
        Dun seh iffen im laarn fi play TEAM. Cut down pan di bruks dem...play more wan-twos...use di ho-pen teammate more...im cudda be TOP a di Worl class.

But im nah duh dat! Suh dem 3 man yah faaaar sur-paaass im in di peckin arda!

Darren Mattocks seems to be that kind of forward and he maybe going to the pros this combine.

Mi nuh kno im. Suh I take your word.

Obrien White
        has a chance to develop
        Well...make him develop.

...and maybe we can recruit a UB40 for that role.
        The only U-40 I would bring in is Zavon (Hope I spelt that right?) Hinds.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

richards is how tall? how big? heading is not likey to be his strength so mek him work on him strengths and PLAY to his strentgs nuh? of all the goals henry score him mussi score 2 wid him head.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            richards is how tall? how big? heading is not likey to be his strength so mek him work on him strengths and PLAY to his strentgs nuh? of all the goals henry score him mussi score 2 wid him head.....
            First, wrong on Henry!

Second - Dane is 5'7". On vertical jumps his head should be reaching heights of above 8'...that is in any language would be excellent. ...and with work, who knows, he could have his head reaching 10' or more.

Straight up even you should be able to jump 3' on upright running jump over a high jump bar...now if you are 5'8" like me that would have the forehead 1" above eye-level jumping and meeting a ball 8' above the ground.

Remember (see above) Dane Richards is 5'7" and he is fit. So...?
            'Memba sports - Football, T&F and Cricket a mi area dem?

Comment

membah until boo retire if him fit him deh pan dat team, like it or not

Comment

5'7" is pushing it for him I think despite what the stats say. Dem use to say Marodonna was 5'7" or 5'8". Must have been rounding error.

Comment

the man foot is like a motor on the ground, No way he is going to be able to jump while running.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    the man foot is like a motor on the ground, No way he is going to be able to jump while running.

"man foot like a motor on the ground"
                    ...that was real funny. Just brought Bugs Bunny 'spinning wheels' to mind.

Comment

Thats the sad truth my youth and memba wi naah guh pass di 2nd round.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

one ting Boo, carry first division side to di PremerShip suh hold on pan dat.

Comment

I was talking to Karl yesterday and was saying the same thing. If you add Fuller to the mix, then everything mash up. I think he would spoil the chemistry we see right now.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Fuller is Shelton x 3 , BRUKIE FOOOL !

Comment

play to your strengths .... KISS

on henry ok .it might be 3 ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X