Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owls wing it with Johnson

Owls wing it with Johnson

Sheffield Wednesday manager Brian Laws is set to sign Bradford winger Jermaine Johnson.

Laws, armed with cash from the £2.5m sale of Majid Bougherra to Charlton, has agreed a deal for Johnson of around £450,000.

The 26-year-old Jamaican, who has 40 international caps, has hit four goals from midfield in League One this season.
    No need to thank me forumites.

RE: Owls wing it with Johnson

<TR><TD class=hp_topnews_title>Five clubs chase JJ</TD></TR> <TR><TD class=rule></TD></TR> <TR><TD></TD></TR> <TR><TD></TD></TR> <TR><TD class=pollpane><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=hp_topnews nd="1">Bradford City boss Colin Todd is resigned to losing Jermaine Johnson if a big enough bid comes along.

He is hoping the Jamaican winger is still a Bantam after the transfer window closes tomorrow.

But Sheffield Wednesday manager Brian Laws was among the interested parties watching on Saturday.

Bradford City chairman Julian Rhodes has already turned down a £250,000 bid from Derby but has confirmed that five clubs have contacted him about Johnson.

Todd told the Telegraph &amp; Argus: 'As manager, I am governed by the chairman but if I have to lose players then it becomes very, very difficult.

'I don't know what's going to happen but there were people there watching JJ. There has been a lot of interest in him and I'm sure there will be in Omar Daley.

'I keep bringing these players in but who is going to get the benefit? It's something I just have to accept and still try to get the best out of the players.' </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

RE: Owls wing it with Johnson

Happy for JJ. (tup)(tup)

Hope he can show them in the Championship now. . .
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
      X