X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All 4 goals .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQWdFrAdA7o
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Thanks...a get goose pimples to.....shld I get my hopes up??? Missed a local club Serie B game here last night....rain, rain.....saw highlights on TV ...was good...

Comment

Dam, the crossbar shot was a goal....ref never see it

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
        Dam, the crossbar shot was a goal....ref never see it
        I do not think it was. I if you watch in standard motion, it appears that it went over. If you pause and watch frame by frame, you will see that it was over the line, but the rule says the entire ball has to be over the line. I do not think the entire ball cleared the line.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          I do not think it was. I if you watch in standard motion, it appears that it went over. If you pause and watch frame by frame, you will see that it was over the line, but the rule says the entire ball has to be over the line. I do not think the entire ball cleared the line.
          If you pause and watch frame by frame, you will see that it was on the line, but the rule says the entire ball has to be over the line. I do not think the entire ball entered the goal.

We all know what you meant...and you are correct!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

???!!! isn't the line the relevant point of reference?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You know Karl. I think it is just the teacher in him. . .

The relevant frame of reference according to FIFA rules is the ball fully clearing the goal line. Only when the ball clears the line fully is it a goal.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Instead of investing in microchip technology, FIFA should invest in some high-def video cameras, and point them inside the goal, like the NHL.

On Jamaica's play, the referee could have stopped play as soon as Grenada's goalkeeper gathered the ball, looked at the video, and awarded either a goal to Jamaica, or a goal kick to Grenada.

One way or the other, the video would have been CONCLUSIVE. From what I saw, it looked like the ball landed on the line, but not completely over.

The number one rule of video replay in the NHL: VIDEO MUST BE CONCLUSIVE TO REVERSE THE ORIGINAL CALL MADE BY THE REFEREE ON THE ICE.

Comment

I think FIFA does not want to stop play for the referee to check video replay and see if it is a goal. With the microcip solution, once the ball has fully cleared the goal line, the referee would get some audible signal in his headset in real time so he can make the decision there and then.

They need to hav even some interim system until they get what they want. That includes the camera system you are proposing.

Comment

That's too simple and logical for FIFA.
                    Peter R

Comment

Working...
                    X