My two cents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My two cents

A very good and well controlled game by the Boyz. Grenada did not come out to play. They were slow and lacked control. They never pressed us for the ball and they were easily bounced and manpowered off their balls. Jamaica didwhat any better side should do, and gave them a sound spanking. We should have score at least 3 more goals to boost our goal average. A problem that I noticed with our side is that each time a pass is made to one of our players, his natural instinct is to control the ball then turn in the opposite direction. This worked against a slow Grenada side, but it will not work against a better side. The player that makes the pass, stands in his position instead of moving into the space behind the defender to receive back the pass. The team looked very cohesive, and there was some understanding between Dane Richards and Ryan Johnson. Luton Shelton and Demar Phillips also played very well on the left. Demar has a sweet left foot. Rudolph Austin must not take any more free-kicks. He has one intention and that is to raaaasss the ball. Shelton is playing with more intelligence and maturity.Ryan Johnson needs to work on his finishing. What a difference between Dane Richards, who looks up and is selfless and Omar Daley who keeps his head down and is selfish. Morrison was solid in midfield, but then again, he was playing against an advance Manning/DaCosta cup team. That challenge that he made was dangerous and unnecessary. That goes also for Dicoy Williams. His yellow was well deserved. Vernan was impeccable. He stood up well and kept his cool when he was being fouled constantly. Again, I congratulate the Boyz on a well earned victory, but I won't get carried away because of the opponent.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

good talk!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...our movement was way too slow..and unless we improve we will be punished by the teams that are much better than Grenada.
      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Dem can ongle play di opposition, membah di goalie save bout 3 suh si di nex goal dem deh. Di large fiel was not dem fren eidah yuh couldah seeit. Nah rejoice kah a early out nutten nuh start yet.

Comment

Definitely too slow in transition. They were well organized, but will have to increase the tempo. the Guatemala-Honduras game showed what we are going to be up against. Both looked sharper than us, but they also have weaknesses that will allow us to beat them. Henry Thomas is sitting in the Honduras midfield and constantly giving away the ball and their left back is very weak. Guatemala attacks well but is open to the counterattack and we have very fast attackers.

Comment

I don't believe there was any reason for a better transition since Grenada did not offer a reason for it.

Keep in mind that the Reggae Boyz have to fly all the way to Miami for the second game against Guatemala.

Comment

That issue has been there regardless of whether it is Grenada or better opposition.

Comment

True. But I would suggest that you review Tappa's success rate with the Reggae Boyz. And why that is.

Comment

Working...
                X